Kudryavtseva/Karankevich withdraw from JGP; broken bones after collision | Golden Skate

Kudryavtseva/Karankevich withdraw from JGP; broken bones after collision

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sending positive vibes and energy ๐Ÿ’to ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡พ Angelina Kudryavtseva who suffered two broken bones after a collision during practice yesterday at #JGPFigure Cup of Austria.

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
Sending positive vibes and energy ๐Ÿ’to ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡พ Angelina Kudryavtseva who suffered two broken bones after a collision during practice yesterday at #JGPFigure Cup of Austria.

Scary, and happens more often than one likes to think about. One coach I knew in Montreal was watching a small pupil attempt something when she was rammed by two other small skaters below the coach's eye level, doing back crosscuts together. She slid into the boards and sustained a skull fracture and severe concussion. After that, she only taught teenage and adult skaters her height, and usually from behind the boards, only venturing out onto the ice if her pupils were the only skaters there.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Already posted this in 2 different places this morning (the competition thread and their Fan Fest thread), so I guess now that a dedicated thread has appeared, it's third time for luck!

And by the sounds of things, Angelina needs a bit of luck.

My baby!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Wishing Angelina all the best with her recovery.

And, please, don't attempt to come back before you are properly fully fit again. We don't want you to risk doing any further damage that could set back your recovery.

CaroLiza_fan

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I saw the awful news this morning but wasn't able to comment until now. What horrible luck! Best wishes to Angelina for a full and speedy recovery. They are missed in competition already, but agreed with @CaroLiza_fan that health and safety in the longrun are far more important than sport.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
That is so sad, not only for the pain and injury the poor girl is going through, but also because of their GP season cut so harshly off through no one's fault. I wish her a good recovery, and best wishes to both of them.

And, please, don't attempt to come back before you are properly fully fit again. We don't want you to risk doing any further damage that could set back your recovery.
Please yes.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Oh no, what a nightmare :( Get well soon Angelina!

When Kaitlyn Weaver broke her fibula back in December 2012, Weaver/Poje managed to bounce back in time for Worlds, but that was considered an extraordinary feat at the time. Angelina's tibia+fibula fracture is more complicated, since one long bone can't be used to stabilise the other (I know friends who needed metal plates/screws for this type of injury).

Here's to hoping for a smooth and sensible recovery. Ice dancing is a long game, being patient now will pay dividends later.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Wishing Angelina a speedy recovery! I saw them in last year's JGp for the first time, and thought, and still think, this couple has a bright future. Good luck, and no rush! ๐ŸŒป

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada

Oh, gosh. Poor girl. Hope she recovers well.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just posted this in their Fan Fest, but felt that it should be posted here too.

As it is now 10 minutes until the start of what should have been their second Junior GP, now would be a good time to update you on how Angelina is getting on.

Here are the Instagram posts that Angelina has posted during the past week:

Friday 1st September
https://www.instagram.com/p/CwpAtkjIf5p/

Saturday 2nd September
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cwr_PV6oG77/

Monday 4th September
https://www.instagram.com/p/CwxJC6voO93/

Wednesday 6th September
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cw3AsgJN3dP/

In summary, she was operated on on Thursday evening, and it went smoothly. It was nice to read that she had a lot of support around her. She now has her leg in a cast, and is using crutches. Angelina had been released from hospital by Monday, and had returned to Italy by Wednesday.

All the best with your rehabilitation over the coming weeks and months!

CaroLiza_fan