Majorov April Fools joke about changing to pair skating | Golden Skate

Majorov April Fools joke about changing to pair skating

Flaya

Match Penalty
Fabulous decision!

I remember Isabelle Olsson from the 2014 Europeans when SE had three spots in Ladies and liked her program a lot.

Now, with the Helgesson sisters...Olsson has little chance to make it to Worlds/Olympics, so it was probably a good decision for her.

And I am happy we will see more Pairs competing, there is also a new pair representing Spain: Lech/Maetsu, and there are Czech and Ukrainian pairs going to Seniors this (or next year). All of that means that we could see more Pairs at Worlds (this year only 19 qualified).

Good luck Alex and Isabelle! For Sweden in the men division this guy could take over, he is not that far from meeting the TES requirements for Worlds:
Marcus BJÖRK SWE Warsaw Cup 2014 21.11.2014 31.14 S Coupe de Printemps 2015 13.03.2015 61.36 S

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Oh, I hope not.

That sounds like a great partnership on paper!

I think it is a great start. I like seeing them trying to expand their skating in general and this is a great way to do it. They may not be perfect, but better than none, and likely to get the minimum TES. So grow the sport I say!

Pippuripihvi

Final Flight
Well, in this case I feel that jokes are on him. He might actually be more succesful in pairs than in singles :slink: