Oberstdorf travel for a newbie? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Oberstdorf travel for a newbie?

theblade

On the Ice
I really appreciate the "eyes on the street," which is why I asked everyone. I am not freaked out by any transpo warnings, merely forewarned and thus forearmed!

The thing is, I didn't book my flight and thus have been put in this muddle in the first place. Leaving the night before means missing some potentially important things, so the advice is both sane and sound. I just might not be able to use it due to all travel circumstances being a bit beyond my control when departing Oberstdorf.

If I can just get from Oberstdorf to Munich in the a.m., that would work. Then, if the trains in Munich are off, I can always take a cab to the airport. It's the Oberstdorf-to-Munich leg that concerns me more.

Let this thread be a notice to all! When departing Oberstdorf, book an afternoon flight in order to ensure the most reliable morning train experience beforehand (ie. enough time to account for delays). Or, better yet, stay the night before in Munich and party before your flight!

lilimum

On the Ice
Country
Germany
normally the train at 5:21 should work. If you miss the connection at Buchloe, because changing time is only 6 minutes you can take the next one. There is a train from Buchloe to Munich every 20 minutes. And even if Airport Munich is recommanding to be there 2.5 h before departure, I am there normally for international flights 2 h before. I never missed a flight.

theblade

On the Ice
Seriously appreciate the detailed analysis here! So, it seems like there's multiple trains to get from Oberstdorf to Munich? I was anticipating Oberstdorf to Munich, then Munich to the airport.

lilimum

On the Ice
Country
Germany
@ theblade - I don't know what date you are travelling. But on Friday April 21st due to stikes no trains are operating