Practice reports | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Practice reports

icekiwi

On the Ice
I LOVE Sui/Han, but I do NOT enjoy this year's free skate (perhaps because I've watched Shen/Zhao's rendition of it like 1,000 times, but the music edit here doesn't seem to flow or build from one section to the next)...BUT, I still enjoy their skating skill, and the elements they execute, and of course I still want them to win the OGM, but I wish it were with a program I could be exited by...(love the short though). I was hoping they would have a different program here...oh well.
Funny, it's been 16 years since Shen/Zhao debuted their Turandot program, and to me it still feels like just a couple years back, lol.

I agree. I am kinda worried because it doesn't bring out the sassy, edgy leading lady in Sui. Rather, it makes her movements dated and old. sShe and Han are young, skate to something relevant to their age. Shen/Zhou were a lot older when they skated to Turandot. I am also not keen on her hair done up like that, much prefer the sweepy, flowy, sassy hair.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Does anyone else have problems viewing these videos or is it just me? :( The page is loading forever and then stops. Do you use any special browsers or something?

Thank you for providing the links all the same! :)

I am using Chrome browser and it works great for me.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Max did *not* skip practice -- according to this set of on-ice Cup of China photos.

Max is in the seventh photo.

Go, Max :yay:.

ETA:

The photo of Max at Cup of China also was tweeted: https://twitter.com/opvnCRb5taVWHcT/status/925955929773711360 (Nov 1)

No scrolling necessary.​

And after scrolling thru the Weibo feed linked by Eclair :thank:, I see now that the same Max photo was there:

(I don't have a Weibo account, and in the past have not been able to see stuff there.
But Eclair's link is working for me :dance2:. Thank you, Eclair.)

Thanks Ice Coverage....You've come to my rescue once again. I can't tell you how much I wish I could attend this stellar event. It looks like it's going to be HUGE!!!!!

mrrice

Record Breaker
The one I get tickled over is, "Oh, Goodness Me!"

Skylark......Where are you from?? I haven't heard tickled since I was living with my Parents back in the 80's. My mother used to be "Tickled" every time me or one of my siblings did anything of note....That was great to read....:thank:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Skylark......Where are you from?? I haven't heard tickled since I was living with my Parents back in the 80's. My mother used to be "Tickled" every time me or one of my siblings did anything of note....That was great to read....:thank:

:laugh:I'm glad. :) Well, I was born and raised in Oklahoma, and that must be where that comes from. I like that it brought back a happy feeling and memory for you. :luv17::dance: