Practice Reports: | Golden Skate

Practice Reports:

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
if anyone is present in Vancouver, it would be much appreciated for some reports on our favorite juniors!

Ziotic

Medalist
Ellajd and Patrick put on Instagram that all the Jr men were throwing down quads at practice.

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
Jackie Wong is live-tweeting the ladies practice, bless him :pray:

Kostornaya: 3S, 3F, 3F3T, 3F3T, 3Lz3T, free skate run-through (2A, 3Lo, 3Lz3T2T, 2A3T, 3F (fall), 3S, 3F3T), 3F3T, 3S3T, 3F3T.

Shcherbakova: 3F-euler-3S, 3Lz, 3Lz3T, 3Lz3Lo, 3Lz3T3Lo (downgrade, fall), 3Lz3T3Lo, 3Lz (stepout), 3Lz, 4Lz (fall), 4Lz (fall), free skate run-through (4Lz (downgrade, fall), 4Lz (underrotation, fall), 2A3T, 2A, 3F). He says Anna hit the 4Lz on the 6th or 7th attempt that he saw, but fell or underrotated all of the rest.

Kanysheva: 3F-euler-3S, 3F, 3Lz, 3Lz3T, free skate run-through (2A, 3Lz (foot down), 3Lz3T, 3F-euler-3S, 3F2T), 2A, 3Lo, 3F-euler-3S.

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
Trusova: 3S, 3Lz3T, 3Lo, 3Lo, 3Lo, 3Lz, 3Lz3Lo (stepout), 3Lz3Lo, 3Lz-euler-3S, 3T, 3T, 4T, 3Lz, 3Lz, 3Lz (three-turn), 4Lz (underrotation, fall), 4Lz (underrotation, fall), 4Lz3T, free skate run-through (4Lz (underrotation, fall), 4Lz (underrotation, fall), 4T, 2A3T, 3Lz3Lo (three-turn), 3Lz-euler-3S (underrotation), 3F.

Kim: 2A, 3F (hand down), free skate run-through (marked Lz, 2A, 3F), 3Lz, 3Lz, 3Lz (hang on to landing), 3Lz3T, 3Lz3T (fall), 3Lz2T, 3Lz3T, 3S, 3S, 3F (fall), 3F, 3F, 2A, 2A3T, 3Lz3T, 2A, 3F.

Tarakanova: 3S, 3F-euler-3S, 3Lz (fall), 3Lz3T, 3Lz (hangs on to landing), 3T, 3Lz3T, 3Lz3T3T (stepout), 3Lz3T, 3F-euler-3S, free skate run-through (3Lz, 3Lo, 3F-euler(underrotation?)-3S, 3F2T, 3F2T, 3Lz3T, 3Lz3T).

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Trusova looked shaky today. Run through was fine, but then kept falling on quad attempts. Kostornaia looked really strong. Shcherbakova also a bit shaky. Tarakanova looked more solid than in the GP. Yelim (sp?) took a big crash into the boards. Was amazing to watch Eteri and co working with her skaters!

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Junior ladies practice just finished. To my amateur eye everyone seemed to do pretty well. Yelim Kim had a nasty fall into the boards by the coaches but got up and continued her program--she seeemed okay during the rest of the practice. When they came on the ice together Yelim appeared to tower over almost everyone. It looked like Yelim and the munchkins.:biggrin:

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
Junior ladies practice just finished. To my amateur eye everyone seemed to do pretty well. Yelim Kim had a nasty fall into the boards by the coaches but got up and continued her program--she seeemed okay during the rest of the practice. When they came on the ice together Yelim appeared to tower over almost everyone. It looked like Yelim and the munchkins.:biggrin:

Did Sasha get a new dress for the short program? I just saw a video and it looked like she was wearing something different other than just practice clothes.

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Did Sasha get a new dress for the short program? I just saw a video and it looked like she was wearing something different other than just practice clothes.

I don't know if it was a new dress but it was a very pretty dress with sort of an orange slash on the back and it was the dress she wore during the short program.

Shanshani

On the Ice
No obvious mistakes in Sasha's FS RT outside of a little bobble on the landing of her euler combo. Anna fell on her solo 4Lz in her RT, but hit the 4Lz-3t combo. However, she did struggle with her other 4Lz attempts in practice.

Shanshani

On the Ice
Here's my video of Sasha's run through. I also have a video of Alena Kosto. and most of Anna's run through which I will upload if there's interest

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here's my video of Sasha's run through. I also have a video of Alena Kosto. and most of Anna's run through which I will upload if there's interest

Wow...you were right there for two of those quads!! I can only imagine what it’s like in person because just seeing video from this level is amazing.

#PBnJelly

Shanshani

On the Ice
Wow...you were right there for two of those quads!! I can only imagine what it’s like in person because just seeing video from this level is amazing.

#PBnJelly

Haha, unfortunately I was a little too focused on making sure she stayed in the camera view to appreciate it as much as I would like to! She jumped 4Lz3Lo near me too, that was cool