Question on Step sequence | Golden Skate

Question on Step sequence

Larissa98

Spectator
I’ve been always confused on the judgment of the level 4 step sequence. In the current technical panel, it said in the complexity section:
“Must include at least 11 difficult turns and steps. None of the types of turns and steps can be counted more than twice.

5 types of turns and steps must be executed in both directions.”

I’m confused that is “5 types of turns and steps” in the second paragraph still restricted to difficult turns and steps or it indicated any turns and steps in the step sequence. Since it didn’t explicitly indicate difficult turns and steps and didn’t use “the”, also the sentence is a new paragraph, I thought this requirement might not be specifically restricted to difficult turns and steps. But I’m not sure about this, I think this description is a bit ambiguous.

Coach Aimee

PSA Ranked
Rinkside
Where it says "5 types of turns and steps," that is the second reference.

While it doesn't explicitly state "difficult turns and steps," that is implied as a level 4 must have 11 difficult turns and steps.

Screen Shot 2023-08-14 at 7.10.31 AM.png

Larissa98

Spectator
Where it says "5 types of turns and steps," that is the second reference.

While it doesn't explicitly state "difficult turns and steps," that is implied as a level 4 must have 11 difficult turns and steps.

View attachment 6755
So this means, to get level 4, skaters need to complete at lease 11 difficult turns and steps (all the 6 difficult turns and step must be covered); and among the 6 types of difficult turns and steps, 5 types of difficult turns and steps must be executed in both directions?

Or skaters must complete 11 difficult turns and steps; and 5 types of turns and steps (can be any turns and steps, eg. 3 turn, Mohawk…) must be executed in both directions to get level 4?

gkelly

Record Breaker
So this means, to get level 4, skaters need to complete at lease 11 difficult turns and steps (all the 6 difficult turns and step must be covered); and among the 6 types of difficult turns and steps, 5 types of difficult turns and steps must be executed in both directions?
Yes

Or skaters must complete 11 difficult turns and steps; and 5 types of turns and steps (can be any turns and steps, eg. 3 turn, Mohawk…) must be executed in both directions to get level 4?
No

Larissa98

Spectator
Exactly! There are no shortcuts to a level 4 step sequence.
I then have another question about this sentence. The second requirement is asking for complete 5 types of difficult turns and steps in both directions, for example, choosing 5 from twizzle/loop/counter/rocker/bracket/choctah, complete each type once clockwise and once counterclockwise.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I then have another question about this sentence. The second requirement is asking for complete 5 types of difficult turns and steps in both directions, for example, choosing 5 from twizzle/loop/counter/rocker/bracket/choctah choctaw, complete each type once clockwise and once counterclockwise.
What about it?

Coach Aimee

PSA Ranked
Rinkside
I then have another question about this sentence. The second requirement is asking for complete 5 types of difficult turns and steps in both directions, for example, choosing 5 from twizzle/loop/counter/rocker/bracket/choctah, complete each type once clockwise and once counterclockwise.
I don't come here to promote my channel. But, I did video last year that can help you gain more understanding of what is required for a level 4 step sequence: