Quick-start for Russia’s Khudaiberdieva and Bazin | Golden Skate

Quick-start for Russia’s Khudaiberdieva and Bazin

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Russian ice dancers Elizaveta Khudaiberdieva and Egor Bazin teamed up at the end of February last season but decided not to follow the usual pattern of a newly-formed team. Newcomers usually need some time to establish themselves as contenders, especially in ice dance. However, in September, they were invited to the prestigious Russian test skates for national team members and won their first competition ahead of the two more established teams Anabelle Morozov/Andrei Bagin and Sofia Shevchenko/Igor Eremenko.

Khudaiberdieva, 18, and Bazin, 25, were very happy with this result.

"We expected the three teams to fight for the top positions and to be close, so it was not completely unexpected that we won," said Khudaiberdieva. "However, the difference in points was not big and we need to continue to work as we realize that our competitors also will work hard. It was really nice (to win). I wasn't too nervous because the test skates were just before, they were nerve-racking as a lot depended on them for us."

More...

What are your thoughts on this team?

Rhythm Dance - Russian Cup

Free Dance - Russian Cup

Artemisa

Final Flight
I really like them.. I like k. with andrei and I was sad with the split .. for so little time together they look great and I think that they can have a shot in a near future to have a shot to be the number 3 team of the russia

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I like them too. Oh, you can see they still need a bit of gelling but so what? They're original and in ID that's important too. Interesting.