Skatesindreams | Golden Skate

Skatesindreams

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
skatesindreams, a long time skating fan, had an accident in the autumn, and is in some kind of rehab. She is getting better and hopes to be back on line soon. However, she should be on our card list.

FSU knew this before Christmas, but I did not see their thread until today.

Here's her address. I think I will get an Easter card, if I can find one, for her.

LifeCare Center of Palm Bay
Attention: Esther Pierce
175 NE Villa Nueva Ave
Palm Bay, FL 32907

I told a GS poster who knew Esther about her situation, and that poster just googled the address and called the care facility and spoke to her.

Here is what Esther told her:

She fell out of her wheelchair and was left there for three days before her nephew (who is supposed to check on her daily) found her. She couldn't reach the phone.

She has lost most of the use of her left arm because she was lying on it for three days, so she can only type with one hand.

She loves to hear from people,

They talked for 15 minutes. She did say she would love to get letters or cards and wanted people to know about what happened and her status.

Esther seemed clear-headed. She has a rather "halting" speech with some breathiness. The GS member didn't ask her about that as she didn't know if it was an existing condition.

So if any of you remember Esther, please send her a card?

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
FB just reminded me that today is Esther's birthday. I posted on her time line but I'm not sure she is able to log in to see the post. Even though a card will take several days to reach her, I'm going to send one. She might enjoy the cards more than the FB posts.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Here is an update on Esther. I spoke with her today and she is still at the care facility. She seems in good spirits and still watches skating as much as she is able. She loves talking with us and getting cards and letters.

Address LifeCare Center of Palm Bay
Attn: Esther Pierce
175 NE Villa Nueva Ave.
Palm Bay, FL 32907

Phone number is 321-952-1818. This is a switchboard number and I used 0 to reach the operator who transferred me to Esther's room.