Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
4.50 star(s) Rating: 4.50/5 2 Votes
Title: The Sandman

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Drama

First aired: 2022-08-05

Creator: David S. Goyer, Neil Gaiman, Allan Heinberg

Cast: Tom Sturridge, Boyd Holbrook, Vivienne Acheampong, Patton Oswalt

Overview: After years of imprisonment, Morpheus — the King of Dreams — embarks on a journey across worlds to find what was stolen from him and restore his power.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Am I doing this right? I really enjoyed season one! Great acting, writing and a sweeping musical score that I hope will turn up in skating before long :biggrin:

Idiote

On the Ice
Yup, a really good take on the comics ! I'm just sad they didn't include Apocalyptica's Enter Sandman in the soundtrack, it would have been fire ^^'

Azikin

Medalist
Yup, a really good take on the comics !
Really? Sandman is one of my favourite comic series of all times but I don't plan to watch the TV show because I just don't like all the changes from the comic books. Like Death, Lucien or John Constantine. And I really don't envision Lucifer, the most beautiful of all angels, as that woman.. ;)

Idiote

On the Ice
Really? Sandman is one of my favourite comic series of all times but I don't plan to watch the TV show because I just don't like all the changes from the comic books. Like Death, Lucien or John Constantine. And I really don't envision Lucifer, the most beautiful of all angels, as that woman.. ;)
Gwendoline Christie is one of my many Stendhal syndromes, so I was absolutely overjoyed to see her portray Lucifer :love: She has a very special and unique beauty, and she did an amazing job in the show ! I do see your point on Death and Constantine though, and Morpheus kinda. When I read the comics I always imagined Morpheus as an albino, given his skin is so white, and that would have been pretty cool.

I must admit it's been a while since I've read the comics, from what I remember the show is more light-hearted than the original stories, sometimes it even drifts into fantasy genre. But they did preserve some good bits of darkness and violence, and for the state of mind I am in lately, the balance between gore and wholesome was just right :bed:

TV show information provided by The Movie Database