What's your 5 favorites moments of 2023/2024 season? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

What's your 5 favorites moments of 2023/2024 season?

afr

Spectator
Country
Germany
  1. Margo's smile after that encore at the end of the jumping tournament
  2. Margo FS @ Russian Junior Championship
  3. Kamila's last slide at the SP at test skates: How do you get really everybody to laugh.
  4. Both Kaori and Kimmy FS @ World's including their reaction afterwards
  5. Both Annas giggling after the announcement at the team tournament that due to Anna Shcherbakova injury she will be substituted by Anna Shcherbakova.

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
1. Mura skating a clean FS at Nats and how happy it made her after such a dramatic season. And all of her emotional moments in general, shes so relatable & sincere.
2. Petrosians FS
3. Bazyluk's gobsmacking tech

And then just in general every stage, event and show I get to watch while commentating with my forum friends

Last edited:

Magill

Record Breaker
1. Re-Pray Yuzuru's 2nd Ice story - each of the shows, each second of each of them, I simply love Re-Pray both for the quality of skating, the beauty of imagery and the deeply moving message behind it all. Kudos to Yuzu, nothing like it, nothing came even close to it for me this season.
2. Seeing Jason Brown live and meeting him in person at an impromptu fan meeting just to find out whatever they say about him being a lovely human being on top of being a wonderful skater is true x 10.
3. Notte Stellata 2024 charity ice show in memory of Tohoku earthquake victims as seeing all these great skaters getting together for such a charitable cause is always heartwarming and faith-building to me (Yuzu, Jason and Javier together on the ice again was particularly sentimental).
4. Adam's record-breaking jump from 19th to 3rd place at the Worlds and grabbing this bronze medal (but also him winning his GP stages earlier on this season).
5. Mone Chiba winning 4CC - I remember her a cute little girl running after her big brother Yuzu at the Sendai Ice Rink, and now she's making it big herself, go Sendai girl go!

lilsailor

On the Ice
more than 5 lol and also not in any order but

- reed/ambrulevicius' bronze medal at euros in front of basically a sold out home crowd chanting their names
- yanhao li making history for new zealand as first to qualify and then medal for an olympic event in skating
- roman's clean short at a home worlds after a horror show of a season, if you told me in november he'd have made the team i wouldn't have believed you, nvm made the free
- aleksandr selevko's silver at euros & estonia's first medal
- so many amber moments lmao - the 3a at skam, the redemption free at espoo and her first national title
- wesley stepping into the role as the top canadian man post keegan & qualifying for the final group at 4cc
- deanna and max win at home worlds
- anthony paradis' free skate at canadian nationals - the professionalism and performance ability from someone so young
- kaori's threepeat at worlds
- adam's comeback skate at worlds was genuinely insane i cannot even describe the emotional rollercoaster i went on that weekend as a fan of his lmao

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Malinin at Worlds is basically my top memory atm, dominating everything. It had everything. Drama. 4A. Win. Reaction. Gala number. First WC title. Us being there to see it live. PERFECT.

Other than that:

Gilles/Poirier FS at Can Nationals and Worlds. That program is just perfection.
Hasse/Volodin's win at GPF
4th Place for Pavlova/Svyatchenko at Worlds after working so hard all season long!
Every time Lazarev beat Fedotov
Amazing come-back by Frolova and just the joy she emanated all season long. I want it in a lantern.

And something nobody else at all probably noticed, but Popov's dark horse 2nd result in Jumping Tournament made my day so much, I can't describe it.

DLong

Rinkside
1. Isabeau's short program at World's
2. Isabeau's free program at World's
3. Ilia's free program at World's
4. Andrew Torgashev's short program at Nationals & Four Continents
5. Adam Sio Fa's free program at World's
Special mention to Chock and Bates win at Worlds and Yuma's free program at Worlds & Deanna & Maxime's win at World's.
This was one of my favorite World Championships as I had so many Favorites that were on the podium. :giggle:

jorge2912

On the Ice
Country
Chile
1. Deanna-Stellato and Maxime Deschamp FS , a mind-blowing FS and perfect really ,exciting .
2. Loicia Demougeot and Theo Le Mercier FD , astonished and beautiful FS , Very French music and style too.
3. Azusa Tanaka and Shingo Nishiyama FD at 4 continents champ. a true surprise ,Giselle and Prince Albrecht on ice :):)
4. Jade Jovine FS , great music (a french version of a song from Lucho Gatica' song)
5. Eva Pate and Logan Bye FD . i like their style and is a true challenge translate to ice dance Polotvisian dances (one of the most hard music and ballet for be interpreted )