Worlds 2017 Dance Party; SD Thurs 5/14, FD Fri 5/15 | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Worlds 2017 Dance Party; SD Thurs 5/14, FD Fri 5/15

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Y'know if P/C's FD this season (or is it last season now :confused:) didn't have the emo voiceover it would've felt like this program

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Can I just say as a younger sister with an older brother Alex Shibutani is a mythical creature (how is he so caring towards his younger sister like how)

ETA: I do have to admit that I'm no Maia
I always remember how beautifully they expressed the warm sibling bond they had between them in their Memoirs of a Geisha program, one of my favorites of theirs.

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
Whatever people's opinions were of Scott, you cannot deny that he put his all into skating. It's written all over his face how angry he is at himself for stumbling, he was the same at NHK the next season, you can see that he hates being the "mistake" even though they still won due to their ridiculous SD lead.

I love latch a lot more now than I did at the time, the lifts are so seamless. They have such beautiful edgework as well.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
So... Caught Out In The Rain is sandwiched between Elvis and R&J. No wonder it stands out, notwithstanding the sheer quality of that program.

Oof definitely not the day for twizzles

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
They totally got a pass on that one, didn’t they? (Speaking as someone who does love them unconditionally:))

From what I remember there was a lot of debate about whether it was during or after the step sequence - I think the judges GOEs were all over the shop for that element. But in all honesty I think the overall result was fair - they lost the FD by three or so points, and I still think with the stumble they were significantly above the rest of the competition.

This was definitely one of the moment's I think that showed the importance of nailing the short dance (which ultimately made the difference in the Olympics).

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
You...dated someone that looked like Luca, and you let him get away?
Well, this is a topic for another conversation!

or he let me get away :laugh: but you're right, it's a topic for another conversation;) now i go check on Marco's costume:devil:

Seven Sisters

Medalist
I know he's maybe decided to retire but maybe be a match for Lorraine McNamara?

I just saw this and may I say, I love this idea! Put in a call to Alexander, Lorraine!! A capable partner with Worlds and Olympic experience, and he must have retained his American citizenship, no? You can thank litenkyckling later!