Worlds Practice, Tuesday - Day 2 | Golden Skate

Worlds Practice, Tuesday - Day 2

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Was anyone else at practices today? Just wondering if anyone wants to share any thoughts. I couldn't get to Ice Dance (at 7 am) but saw almost all of the Women, Men, and Pairs at the Main Rink.

The Jun fans were out in full force! He is a bundle of energy and seems much faster in person than on a screen. The audience cheered and applauded when he did his beautiful Ina Bauer. Yes, he did stalk his 3A!:biggrin:

Donovan -- we were worried when he was a no-show, but I understand he is here but his suitcase with his skates hasn't arrived. Ugh. A skater's worst nightmare.

Ilia Malinin -- he skated his FS and marked his jumps. I thought he skated here with more emotion than at U.S. Nats. He will be a force to be reckoned with in the future, if he can stay healthy with all that quad jumping. His father was telling him something very animatedly in Russian. Wish I knew what! :biggrin:

Ivan Shmuratko of Ukraine got quite a hand from the audience. The jumps weren't working that well for him, but he poured his heart and soul into his choreo and his step sequence.

Yuma had all kinds of jump issues outside the run through and then did a perfect SP. It was kind of funny! Kazuki had a clean SP. Shoma was looking really centered and focused. Could this be his year? He had a clean SP and then worked on bits and pieces of Sholero. So happy to see he's landing a lot of clean 4T-3T.

Vincent -- Seemed like an awful lot of snow was flying on his landings (not a good sign). Looks like Jackie's notes show a lot of URs. Hope he has fully recovered from his bout of Covid.

The most touching PAIRS moment for me was when the two U.S. pairs had their photo taken with Holichenko and Darenskyi (UKR), each with their country's flags. The audience gave the UKR pair a lot of applause and cheers.

Miura and Kihara came out with their usual energy. In my mind, it's just a question of what color the medal will be for them.. I love that signature move of theirs where he goes on one knee and lifts her and he goes on one knee again when she does the dismount. I'll say a prayer for his back. Yikes! They struggled a little during the run through jumps, but cleaned things up outside the run through.

I don't follow the ladies much. Kaori looked like she should get a speeding ticket. She's so fast! Still can't get into all the voice overs in her FS. Hope Wakaba can get her 3A working. Feeling bad for Loena. She didn't have her usual speed, and she did mostly doubles. Hope she doesn't injure herself further.

Adding: Forgot to say I'm really becoming a fan of Olga Mikutina. Really enjoy her smooth skating and soft arms.

Would love to hear thoughts from others.

Last edited:

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Mana looked all over the place again, not sure what's going on with her. Waka hasn't hit a 3A yet. Apparently the ice today was extra-hard, so I wonder if that led to some jump issues?

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mana looked all over the place again, not sure what's going on with her. Waka hasn't hit a 3A yet. Apparently the ice today was extra-hard, so I wonder if that led to some jump issues?
Her 3Lz was definitely not behaving. I'm sure that wasn't exactly a confidence-building practice for her. Felt bad for her.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wish Peacock had Practice Cams :-(

Practice Cams would be great(y)

The Nathancam and Yuzucam that we actually got at the Olys (Yuzu takes a drink of water! Nathan does crossovers while someone else's music is playing!) not so much.

Maybe with no Nathan or Yuzu now we actually would have gotten practices. :biggrin:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wish Peacock had Practice Cams :-(

It all depends on the event, I guess. We had really wonderful practice cams on Peacock for US Nationals. They're long gone now ... but I had to speak up for Peacock. They do try. :)