2023 Skate Canada Men's Free Skate | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2023 Skate Canada Men's Free Skate

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
yeah... Canadian men are in a funk... and you know.. I think that was it for GP for Canadian men this season... nobody has another event... at least for now.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
He looked disapppointed.😦

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Yes, but if you watch from the beginning again, he had that look in his eyes even during the first minute or so.
he was simply very nervous. It happens to Conrad at times. He really wants to do well. I knew it was going to end like this if the 3A wasn't landed because he missed it in the SP. It's not usually a huge deal for him to do a triple axel.. All in the head.... again, Skate Canada needs to send our skaters out more often. Look what happened to Sara-Maude and Kaiya... today. They need events to build confidence and consistency. Conrad doesn't have a second GP (none of the Canadian men do) send them out before Nationals and 4CC. All of them.

discodisco

On the Ice
yeah... Canadian men are in a funk... and you know.. I think that was it for GP for Canadian men this season... nobody has another event... at least for now.
Seriously? Ouch. That's brutal. So the men are going to be very untrained in terms of performance experience by nationals. That does not bode well. To be honest, men's skating in Canada is even weaker than I thought, and I knew it was pretty weak right now. I'm not even sure who I'd pick if it was up to me. Really sad.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Hey Urmi! How'd he get into Canada? Does he have a passport for another nation?

(I guess he would...Kazhikstan)
The visa facilities for Russians have reopened. The Visitor Visa allows travelers from Russia to stay in Canada for up to 6 months for various purposes, such as business activities, tourism, pursuing short-term studies, receiving medical treatment, or visiting family and friends.5 oct. 2023

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Seriously? Ouch. That's brutal. So the men are going to be very untrained in terms of performance experience by nationals. That does not bode well. To be honest, men's skating in Canada is even weaker than I thought, and I knew it was pretty weak right now. I'm not even sure who I'd pick if it was up to me. Really sad.
so you understand now the pressure they all face... one event... gotta impress because after that, it's nationals.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Kao's fall look sometimes so scary so maybe he should change that belt-suspenders thing to rider's vest. Cannot take a picture by this computer I use.

discodisco

On the Ice
he was simply very nervous. It happens to Conrad at times. He really wants to do well. I knew it was going to end like this if the 3A wasn't landed because he missed it in the SP. It's not usually a huge deal for him to do a triple axel.. All in the head.... again, Skate Canada needs to send our skaters out more often. Look what happened to Sara-Maude and Kaiya... today. They need events to build confidence and consistency. Conrad doesn't have a second GP (none of the Canadian men do) send them out before Nationals and 4CC. All of them.
I agree that they should absolutely send them out before nationals. But I'm not entirely sure if that's the whole problem. I mean, I don't think purely getting them out to compete is going to solve his problems, although it may have an effect on the nerves I guess. But doesn't Conrad skate in the public rank or whatever that Osmond used to skate in? I feel like at some point I remember that she did a lot of practicing in a skating Mall rink or something like that and that's why she was so expressive and comfortable performing. Maybe I'm Wrong