2015-16 Grand Prix Final Tickets Barcelona | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2015-16 Grand Prix Final Tickets Barcelona

Saralala

Rinkside
So. Now that the dust has settled, I count about 1900 seats remaining, and the numbers are hardly changing.
There may be a lot more than that, if they kept some aside for individual sessions.
And I assume plenty of seats were pre-allocated for tour companies etc too.

All the early birds have got their seats, panic over?
And it was not the "1st hour sellout" it seemed at the beginning?
Maybe only half the "currently available" seats were actually sold?

I blame "proticketing" for the problems and the panic. Their system is R U B B I S H.
Specifically - payment failures, and the inability to recover from them. If the seats had:

-remained in the person's cart/basket after payment failure, or...
-they were allowed to retry payment after a failure (all within the same time limit, of course)...
-or at least, if seats had returned to the pool immediately after the failures...

...then we needn't have seen all the seats get gobbled up as payments were rejected, people were forced to pick new seats, possibly multiple times each... massive panic and so on.

And they wouldn't be cleaning up the mess now - complaints, swapped seats, refunds etc etc...

100% agree *_*
And I can't forget the +2€ of administration fees per ticket that I assume are for proticketing for providing/maintaining it's selling platform... Which it kinda bothers me, because if I am forced to pay this extra cost I want the selling process to be perfect (and it hasn't been :/)

Last edited:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
At least, they're changing tickets, that's a point in their favor :yes:
Yes, that is a good thing, well done to those who managed to "improve" their seats!
I wonder how many people are aware that this is possible though?

(I didn't feel the need personally - despite everything, I was happy with what I got in the end)

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
100% agree *_*
And I can't forget the +2€ of administration fees per ticket that I assume are for proticketing for providing/maintaining it's selling platform... Which it kinda bothers me, because if I am forced to pay this extra cost I want the selling process to be perfect (and it hasn't been :/)
I had no problems with the booking process, other than that it went soooo fast, and I didn't realize how to add more than one seat to the same booking, so I ended up with two by two seats instead of four together. That I have nobody to blame for but myself. The transaction itself went extremely smooth.

However, I do have an issue with the € 2 processing fee or booking fee or whatchamacallit fee. PER TICKET. That's ridiculous. I placed one order for eight season passes (4 x competition, 4 x practice), and then you have to pay 8 x 2 = 16 euros... and for what, exactly? It's print at home, even, so not like they have to go through all the trouble of snail mailing the tickets. Not nice.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
wow, seems like you all had eventfull day :biggrin:
lucky for me i have no problem such as going to another country, trying to buy tickets etc etc ... just kidding, , i wish i could go :cry: it must be frustrating but i am glad they let you change your tickets :) i hope you all will have amazing time there and skaters will be at top form so you can enjoy even more! and cant wait to read your reports :cheer:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
i hope you all will have amazing time there and skaters will be at top form so you can enjoy even more! and cant wait to read your reports :cheer:
If it's even half as good as last year, it should be fine. :laugh:
As far as I'm concerned, I'll be happy if the flight to Barcelona isn't as eventful as last time; that was the only problem with the entire week (huge delay due to very strong winds, and a rather scary aborted landing).

Pamigena

Record Breaker
As far as I'm concerned, I'll be happy if the flight to Barcelona isn't as eventful as last time; that was the only problem with the entire week (huge delay due to very strong winds, and a rather scary aborted landing).
No no no, that's not going to happen. No weird weather for you and for me no stupid union strikes that make me want to set airport terminals on fire :unsure: none of that is going to happen.

But yes, it should be fun again :biggrin:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker

Oh no. My aerophobia is bad enough as it is. I don't want to ruin my first day there with endless worries about my life :no:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Look at highlight video of 2014 GPF! Cool! And reminds me of last year's enthusiasm!
https://youtu.be/bXkN84EkhKY

I'm dying to go there but I can't.. :cry: I want as many members as possible to go and give us a report!

Last edited:

Belu

Rinkside
I admit I'm a bit disappointed myself :p
I wished for Boca 2 tickets, they seemed to be all sold out, and I picked what seemed to be the best seat still available in boca 12 and in the upper half; so to see that NOW I could get the seat I wanted in Boca 2 *grrrr*
But still, it's going to be my first live event, people there last year said the view is good from every side and corner, and the line-up should be great, so... I guess I will get over my disappointment soon. But still, those tickets in Boca 2 still up *grrrrr*

Exactly the same experience for my friends and I *highfive* We wanted Boca 2, but we bought Boca 12 when it seemed that Boca 2 was sold out >_< But well, it's ok :)

PatrickGaze, last year we were in a corner (Boca 1) and the view was good. I think that, if the position of seats is similar to last year, all seats will have good views.

Last edited:

joyceskate

Spectator
I have my ticket for the GPF Barcelona. But I have a question (it is my first competition to see). Is it possible/allowed to attend only the ladies senior en the men senior at saturday? The session starts at 14.45 but the men en ladies senior starts at 19.45. Or is it not possible to enter the venue when the session is started? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Saralala

Rinkside
I have my ticket for the GPF Barcelona. But I have a question (it is my first competition to see). Is it possible/allowed to attend only the ladies senior en the men senior at saturday? The session starts at 14.45 but the men en ladies senior starts at 19.45. Or is it not possible to enter the venue when the session is started? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Don't you worry, you will be able to enter the venue at any time. The only issue is if you want to access the rink (if the competition has begun) just when a skater is skating (you will have to wait at the stairs of the bocas), but you will be allowed to go to your seat when the program ends ;)

Snow63

Record Breaker
Okay, another question: how cold is it in the arena? I noticed that air temperature at different places is different.
When I was at Rostelecom cup it was warm enough, I remember I even took off my jacket and stayed in only longsleeved shirt. The other time at Russian Cup in the city of Samara it was so cold, my feet felt like an ice. And it's so warm at the rink I go to skate regularly that I am wearing only my cargo shorts when I'm going there. :biggrin:

Saralala

Rinkside
When I was at Rostelecom cup it was warm enough, I remember I even took off my jacket and stayed in only longsleeved shirt.

Exactly the same last year in Barcelona. I had my seat in row 2 and the first day I wore a thick pullover and a longsleeved shirt underneath, and I sweat my soul out. The following days I wore just a longsleeved shirt and a light jacket and I was perfect :) I assume this year will be the same.

YesWay

&#22235;&#24180;&#12418;&#12363;&#12369;&#12390;&#
Record Breaker
Exactly the same last year in Barcelona. I had my seat in row 2 and the first day I wore a thick pullover and a longsleeved shirt underneath, and I sweat my soul out. The following days I wore just a longsleeved shirt and a light jacket and I was perfect :) I assume this year will be the same.
Yes, seems the weather in Barcelona is "mild" even at that time of year, and last year it was actually pretty warm when the sun was out.

Inside the arena, the seats are a good 2-3m above the rink (ie. well above where the cold air settles) - so even if you are front row the ice doesn't make you feel cold.

If you are rinkside, in the areas for wheelchair users, it may get a lot cooler though... and in the VIP boxes you may also feel the cold breeze as the skaters whizz past you...

All depends on how individual people react though, some can feel cold when others feel hot! Best advice I think, is to take thin layers of clothing that you can put on and take off as needed... first event, take more than you need, and once you know what's best for you, you can leave the excess at the hotel...

Last edited:

Snow63

Record Breaker
Thanks. Just wanted to hear people who was there last year. Glad to hear it's not too cold there, I don't want a repeat of Samara's freezing hell :biggrin:

kelleigh

On the Ice

Same here! I wore my leather jacket but then took it off after 15 mins being seated. Btw I was also in row 2 last year, just somewhere upon the judges :biggrin:
It's rather warm comparing to the other venues like those in Asia and North America.
This time I will have my sweater instead of any kind of jacket.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Before the GPF, I had only been to one figure skating event, and you could literally sit at the rink there (no assigned seats and a very small audience), and it was terrible, so cold. To be fair, outside it was snow and below zero C, too, but inside, because you're sitting still, it was disgustingly cold. I would wear as many layers of clothes I could manage and fleece blankets and a thick winter coat, and it was still uncomfortably cold. So I was prepared for the worst when I went to Barcelona for the event.
But it was wonderful. Great temperature. :bow: Definitely a good reason to return. (Actually, it's not uncommon for people up here to go to Spain in the winter to escape the relative cold, so that's what it feels like to me. :laugh:)

tzazu

Medalist
Temperature in Barcelona in December is not cold, between 6-12ºC, but sunny days are usual and then temperature lifts til 16-18ºC during the day. :)

Snow63

Record Breaker
Temperature in Barcelona in December is not cold, between 6-12ºC, but sunny days are usual and then temperature lifts til 16-18ºC during the day. :)

Wow, it's actually pretty hot there. Where I live December temperature might be as low as -30 C, sometimes even colder. I need to take my sun protecting cream with me :biggrin: