2018 Four Continents Ladies SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Four Continents Ladies SP

yude

Record Breaker
The slightly positive(?) side is that the weather in Taiwan is definitely warmer than in Japan right now. But it can still be chilly a little and much more humid. I'll be cheering for her (and Kaori and Satoko) live here at Taipei arena. I'm really looking forward to seeing Mai's skating live for the first time.

Oh, that is great! I hope you're going to have wonderful time there :yay:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
TECH TEAM

Referee Laimute KRAUZIENE LTU
Tech Controller Rita ZONNEKEYN BEL
Tech Spec Troy GOLDSTEIN USA
Asst Tech Spec Sung-Jin BYUN KOR

livetoskate

On the Ice
The slightly positive(?) side is that the weather in Taiwan is definitely warmer than in Japan right now. But it can still be chilly a little and much more humid. I'll be cheering for her (and Kaori and Satoko) live here at Taipei arena. I'm really looking forward to seeing Mai's skating live for the first time.

Thank you for your updates! My dad lives in Taipei and I wish I could be there too. Have a great time!

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Lets be real, there is no way JSF will let the Olympic team to be beaten by another girl right before the big game.

That would be the biggest momentum killer.

http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/20180122/fgr18012218060003-n1.html

Mai's health condition was not good after the Japanese nationals and she couldn't have enough training, she still has been limiting the number of the jump in the practice. But she skated in stable in the practice today and said she wanted to do her best to end this competition with smile.

Go, Mai!!

Hope that she feel better.

MedoLove

On the Ice
I hope Mai is well. My heart is with Miyahara, I really hope she wins. I love that Kaori is skating a melody by Tiersen (I love Yann Tiersen !!), but I think she still doesn't develop an interesting artistic skill.

go Satoko!

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Why did Wagner withdraw?

After she won the title in 2012, she has not participated in the event. The big disappointment in the Olympic selection may play a part as well. However, I hoped to see her La La Land in the event for the last time perhaps as she may retire in this season.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
It's nice to see a lot of support for Mai from her fans. Too bad that Japan has only 2 spots for Olympics.

While I'm glad to see Satoko once more in the event before the Olympics, I somewhat expected to see Wakaba instead as a substitute since Satoko already won the title and the team event is very close to 4CC. Kaori needs a PCS boost by earning a medal in this major event after Nationals and I guess she is likely to participate in the free of Team Event, so may earn more time than Satoko possibly in the Team Short.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I'm with Ic3Rabbit on this one......Good Luck Angela Wang!!!!!! I hope you're able to skate your best and show the audience and the judges just how spectacular your skating truly is....I have loved your skating all the way back to your Juniors days and I hope your have the performances of your life!!!

:cheer2::dance2::yahoo:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I'm with Ic3Rabbit on this one......Good Luck Angela Wang!!!!!! I hope you're able to skate your best and show the audience and the judges just how spectacular your skating truly is....I have loved your skating all the way back to your Juniors days and I hope your have the performances of your life!!!

:cheer2::dance2::yahoo:

I love Angela's skating too. How can not love skaters with good basics and presentation! However she happened to disappear in competition too often because of injuries, so it's hard to keep track of her anyway. Her withdrawal of 2016 Skate America gave Mariah Bell an opportunity to shine. I hope she also raises her PB and PCS. She deserves more.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Looking forward to seeing my two beautiful Aussie Queens in action! :yay:

randomfan

Record Breaker
Looks like they decided to do the skate earlier, skate later groups after all. The first two groups are made up differently from what I said here:

Group 1 only has skaters with no points in World Standings. One random skater here will be moved into Group 2, so only five skaters will be in Group 1. Five of these six will draw in an alphabetical order (I think?):
Michelle Long (CAN)
Alicia Pineault (CAN)
Joanna So (HKG)
Aiza Mambekova (KAZ)
Thita Lamsam (THA)
Natalie Sangkagalo (THA)

Group 2 will contain the skater who was originally supposed to be in Group 1. As for the rest, it will be the following skaters in a random order:
Hanul Kim (KOR)
Amy Lin (TPE)
Starr Andrews (USA)
Chloe Ing (SGP)
Ziquan Zhao (CHN)