2019 World Championships Pairs Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2019 World Championships Pairs Short Program

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
ISU stream's not up yet so using the CBC one, it's nice to be a fake Canadian.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
To have 2 groups after the last ice resurfaction :coffee: (which will allow skaters from 2 groups to get a boost from the judges, and not just skaters from one group... so it will potentially make competition for the medals more fair i guess) :biggrin:

It's a smart move from a viewer's perspective too, it lets the energy and excitement build up as most of the higher-ranked skaters go one right after the other, without a break.

Thanks! those are all good reasons ... it's just that I've never seen it done that way before, or never noticed maybe.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Missing out the whole season has one merit, it makes it less obvious that you're using the same programs for three seasons straight

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
SBS OnDemand went live right on the dot of 12:00pm. We even have a commentator!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Love R/K, but I'm hoping this is the LAST TIME I see this program in my lifetime. :dev3:

So I hope they skate it to its fullest potential.

:biggrin:

Lota

Record Breaker
Thank God the Russians love figure skating enough to broadcast this (and commentate) this early :laugh:

(Also, off-topic, but before starting the broadcast Match showed a snippet about Stepanova/Bukin and their and their team's horror at discovering they've been banned from the Olympics and that just made me angry about that all over again) :mad:

Also, seems like it's Petrova/Tikhonov commenting :biggrin:

jillredhand

Record Breaker
I love seeing the North Koreans get better and better. They're much smoother and at ease on the ice than they were a year ago, even with the error on the throw.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
So many empty seats?! At a competition in Japan? At Worlds? :eeking: