2021 Skate America: Pairs Free Skate | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2021 Skate America: Pairs Free Skate

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I've never heard of that tea before. It sounds delicious!
It is, and as a person who doesn't drink coffee (just personal preference, my taste buds don't like coffee apparently) it's the best thing Starbucks has to offer

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Are you telling me that figure skating doesn't make you want to get a mortgage or buy insurance??
Or remember... something...

That's the weirdest thing about the USA the prescription medication ads. We don't have those here, because y'know shouldn't a doctor be the one to tell you if you need prescription medication?

Seven Sisters

Medalist
No offence to any Americans reading this, but this event is the most American thing I've ever seen. From the announcer Rusty to the ads in between skates to the odd board advertisements, I feel like I'm being slapped with every American stereotype at once.
I don’t like it either. The ads, and that announcer guy (Rusty?) are really cheesy and offensive.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No offence to any Americans reading this, but this event is the most American thing I've ever seen. From the announcer Rusty to the ads in between skates to the odd board advertisements, I feel like I'm being slapped with every American stereotype at once.
It is quite American, but the most American one had to be the one with the Geico pig commercial squealing when the skaters left and the ice. And let us not forget my beautiful Gracie kneeling in supplication before a Noom sponsorship on the boards🙄

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Yeah, it's unfortunately pretty typical for US skating events to bombard the audience with obnoxiousness (and I say that as an American lol). When I went to Skate America in 2017 with my mom, my mom was about ready to murder the announcers by the end.

Supernovaimplosion

Final Flight
Or remember... something...

That's the weirdest thing about the USA the prescription medication ads. We don't have those here, because y'know shouldn't a doctor be the one to tell you if you need prescription medication?
When I was younger, we'd watch American channels sometimes and the prescription drug ads is something I associate with them so strongly. That's how you knew you were watching American channels

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
For a second I was about to die but then realised that thankfully those gloves aren't part of Chelsea's costume :laugh2:

figureskatingandrainbows

It's Oka ShinnosuSLAY Season!
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Yeah, it's unfortunately pretty typical for US skating events to bombard the audience with obnoxiousness (and I say that as an American lol). When I went to Skate America in 2017 with my mom, my mom was about ready to murder the announcers by the end.
See, I don't remember any of this from US Nats the past couple of years, but I was probably focusing entirely on drowning out Johnny and Tara

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
When I went to Skate America in 2017 with my mom, my mom was about ready to murder the announcers by the end.
I'll never get over that announcer that seemed to be drunk and constantly called Tim Koleto, Tom. Don't think it was Skate America, but maybe it was. Either way it was a lol.