2022 CS Nebelhorn Trophy Rhythm Dance | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2022 CS Nebelhorn Trophy Rhythm Dance

rain

Record Breaker
I have to agree. In fact at times, I felt like it was too chaotic, to the point of being a little messy. I would have them in the 78/79 range.
OK. I'm just going to say it. I don't like this new weird rhythm dance without a pattern dance thing that the ISU has done. It needs more structure. It's making it really hard for the judges to actually judge. Feel free to disagree. I'd love to know what people think.
I've found F/G to be overscored in general for the last several years, so not really surprised. I know they have a lot of fans, but I just don't get the big hype. I know they skate to crowd-pleasing songs and have tons of energy and some eye catching lifts and that's fun, yes, but I've always found them messy and their programs wanting, leaving them a solidly mid-tier team. Looks like they've got a lot of momentum going this season, though.

I also hate that they got rid of the pattern dance. It was the one opportunity to compare apples to apples, and I found it very instructive. Also, often it was the best footwork choreography in the entire program. To my eye, it has in no way improved the RDs or made them any more crowd pleasing or whatever the point was supposed to be.

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
OK. I'm just going to say it. I don't like this new weird rhythm dance without a pattern dance thing that the ISU has done. It needs more structure. It's making it really hard for the judges to actually judge. Feel free to disagree. I'd love to know what people think.
Completely agree with you. All this change has done is create a choreo element requiring little tech skill and make it worth nearly 10 points (if teams get all +5s). It's so open to the judges showering teams they like/teams with political clout with +5s for it, whereas the pattern was always tied to the tech panel and the teams actually hitting their key points (still somewhat open to manipulation, but to a much less extent).

I've found F/G to be overscored in general for the last several years, so not really surprised. I know they have a lot of fans, but I just don't get the big hype. I know they skate to crowd-pleasing songs and have tons of energy and some eye catching lifts and that's fun, yes, but I've always found them messy and their programs wanting, leaving them a solidly mid-tier team. Looks like they've got a lot of momentum going this season, though.
Agree with this too. Yes F/G are fun to watch, (although they rely too much on one brand of programs for my liking) but their skating skills are really not, to my eyes, good enough to justify the scores they get.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
I've tried to watch a few of the senior rhythm dances but I'm mostly seeing a bunch of random transitional movements in between lifts and spins and barely any skating closely in hold. The amount of footwork is dropping low enough to be comparable to some of the better pairs skaters, and that's not a good thing considering the pairs skaters also have a truckload of pairs-specific elements to flesh out the programme, while this new rhythm dance format has basically nothing else going on. Some dancing around, not much actual skating.

Step sequences are the highlight of the programme for me. I feel like I'm eating a sandwich with no filling (or maybe it's just poorly made and stray lettuce and tomato bits are falling out of it) :slink: