2022 European Championships: Free Dance | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2022 European Championships: Free Dance

litenkyckling

Final Flight
Just reading the protocols and they gave S/K BOTH level 4 twizzles? They both botched the second one so that is definitely a question mark for me.

The only element that wasn't a level 4 was his One Foot and the step sequence - so even with a higher base value than P/C they still aren't quite getting there with the beatable score.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Haven't seen any of the interviews after the previous Free Skates this week, but this one is awful.

Such idiotic questions! :drama:

A Major Championship like this deserves better than that.

CaroLiza_fan

Reactions: ana

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Well, that’s it. Thank you guys and the awesome ice dances for putting me into a better mood. Also, my husband, who returned with 2 cheesecakes, and said, judging by amount of angst and unhappiness, one wouldn’t Be enough. I told him, it depends on how many quads Trusova lands. And he said,at least we are ready now.

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, that’s it. Thank you guys and the awesome ice dances for putting me into a better mood. Also, my husband, who returned with 2 cheesecakes, and said, judging by amount of angst and unhappiness, one wouldn’t Be enough. I told him, it depends on how many quads Trusova lands. And he said,at least we are ready now.
How very sweet.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Considering P/C weren't here you would think the score would be higher but i think the judges know who is the better team.
It works rather different way. The judges tend to be slightly more conservative when there is no gold medal clash (because they "spare the points for the next time"), while when there is direct competition between the two favourites they tend to force up the clash even in numbers.

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
I guess Vika is a bride and Nikita is a groom. First part is from beginning of the wedding and the last is when everybody dead drunk :biggrin:
Omg this version actually makes it so much better - thank you 😂 I’ve been so confused about what the hell the story was. The upbeat ending makes no sense. I think Simon said it was a love story between them but I’m sure I read somewhere that Zhulin said it was a love letter to Russia?! 🥴