2023 Canadian Nationals Sr. Free Dance | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2023 Canadian Nationals Sr. Free Dance

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Have to wonder how much longer Caroline and Shane will continue. They keep moving backwards and came close to being beaten by Haley and Nik here. And if the JR champs move up next year might hey jump ahead of them?
BB are coming strong and also train with the Lane group.... so yeah... a bit tough for them to be in this position where teams are passing them, teams have an upward trajectory, and they seem to be stagnating. I wish them the best however.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
That was great - again! Well deserved that LaLa won the FD (I was so moved, it's such a wonderful FD) but that FB/S won overall (their FD is still great, despite the little stumble/fall at the end), inspector Clouseau is also in his rightful place (with the wonderful Marie-Jade
accompanying him), enjoyed the other couples as well. What an evening, Yay!

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
If Marjorie & Zach don't make Saitama worlds then I hope they keep nureyev for Montréal.
Think about a team like Laurialt/LeGac, third here, and with skills and performance ability like that they would absolutely be the top team in just about any other country!
They would be top 3 in France
But Canada is more likely to obtain 3 spots at worlds/olympics so it could work out for them.

VickB

On the Ice
Have to wonder how much longer Caroline and Shane will continue. They keep moving backwards and came close to being beaten by Haley and Nik here. And if the JR champs move up next year might hey jump ahead of them?

Sadly.. I would have placed in 6th position... but rest I feel it is correct.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
BB are coming strong and also train with the Lane group.... so yeah... a bit tough for them to be in this position where teams are passing them, teams have an upward trajectory, and they seem to be stagnating. I wish them the best however.
Just throwing this out there. Might they benefit from moving to the Moir branch of IAM? I like what that team has done for Sales & Wamsteeker

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Can anybody explain this reaction to me? What are "those conditions"?

intrigued by this too... no idea... they skated very well... they had a bit of a small bump on the rotational lift. Maybe the conditions she refers to are personal... for instance, feeling nervous or feeling they have to fight for everything or anything like that because clearly, nobody complained yet about the ice nor the crowd :)

ETA From reading the tweet again, I think that it is really her own feelings she is describing... the pressure, and fighting throughout... but that's a good experience for them, knowing how well they did... and how close they are getting to the top.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
intrigued by this too... no idea... they skated very well... they had a bit of a small bump on the rotational lift. Maybe the conditions she refers to are personal... for instance, feeling nervous or feeling they have to fight for everything or anything like that because clearly, nobody complained yet about the ice nor the crowd :)
I was thinking perhaps illness?

Whatever the conditions were, they weren’t obvious to us viewers. I think it was LaLa’s competition to win, they just fell a tiny bit short. This time, that is. They clearly are poised to be no. 1 once G/P and F-B/S retire.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I think she probably just meant it's not that fun when it feels like you're fighting through the performance. It sure didn't show.
Yeah... sometimes as a performer, your own feelings do not represent the quality of what you put out there... so you don't enjoy it while you are performing... and it's no fun... but then, you watch it back and realize how your training paid off and feel better :) they will feel good about this without a doubt (in a few days maybe)

Chantilly

On the Ice
I think she probably just meant it's not that fun when it feels like you're fighting through the performance. It sure didn't show.
I thought it was a bit tight to be honest. Not as free as I saw it before at their second GP.

yesterday

Record Breaker
is that all? like several minutes on Zach playing a concert 5 years ago... and a few seconds on white crow... now @yesterday you may understand better my point. Why is the media not focusing on the important stuff.
And here I am lol.

Hmm I had the feeling that they did more, but the parts that got shown today were trimmed and lots of material excluded? :scratch2:
I don't know, perhaps that was a shorter pause maybe?
Someone could text Ted about it 🤔

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
And here I am lol.

Hmm I had the feeling that they did more, but the parts that got shown today were trimmed and lots of material excluded? :scratch2:
I don't know, perhaps that was a shorter pause maybe?
Someone could text Ted about it 🤔
sure but they took the time to show so many bits of white crow's SCI performance... and frankly, we were about to see it live on the ice... so they could have edited out a bit of the skating to put more of the interview ;) or make a really long segment on white crow, and trim down the other not so useful in my humble opinion segment from a day ago :)

In any case, I am glad that Lala skated well and even won the FD. They are moving up. We will be seeing a lot of them, and hopefully in the future, as I find them very interesting in their interviews about skating together and their partnership and journey, we get to know them even better as athletes !

yesterday

Record Breaker
sure but they took the time to show so many bits of white crow's SCI performance... and frankly, we were about to see it live on the ice... so they could have edited out a bit of the skating to put more of the interview ;) or make a really long segment on white crow, and trim down the other not so useful in my humble opinion segment from a day ago :)

In any case, I am glad that Lala skated well and even won the FD. They are moving up. We will be seeing a lot of them, and hopefully in the future, as I find them very interesting in their interviews about skating together and their partnership and journey, we get to know them even better as athletes !
Absolutely. Don't know what the person preparing the bit was thinking 😅 Maybe just wanted to show off the SCI sponsors