2023 U.S. Nationals Jr. Men's Free Skate | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2023 U.S. Nationals Jr. Men's Free Skate

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Great flow on the runout of that jump. Spectacular.

As much as I admire the daring young men with their quads, I've really only seen a handful that were this beautiful.

Off the top of my head, a 4Z from Nathan Chen at World's the year he skated to Land of All, the 4Z from Kolyada at CoC one year, another 4Z from Vincent some time or other... but not many more.

This one is very special.

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
So, three spots? Nice! Don’t forget they sometimes pick a skater skating Seniors that is age eligible
Age-eligible that has competed primarily on the Junior circuit. Off the top of my head, that’s Annis and Martynov. If any one of those two do really well at Nationals, then they might be chosen over Sanchez. Yampolsky is going to be named to Junior Worlds regardless. He medalled at Junior Nationals (only a point away from Silver), did well on the JGP circuit and qualified for JGPF.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Age-eligible that has competed primarily on the Junior circuit. Off the top of my head, that’s Annis and Martynov. If any one of those two do really well at Nationals, then they might be chosen over Sanchez. Yampolsky is going to be named to Junior Worlds regardless. He medalled at Junior Nationals (only a point away from Silver), did well on the JGP circuit and qualified for JGPF.
So, Sanchez’s chances are slim, unless those two score less?

Thanks for the response. This is exactly the information I was looking for.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So, Sanchez’s chances are slim, unless those two score less?

Thanks for the response. This is exactly the information I was looking for.

I wouldn't say Jacob's chances are "slim".

Lucas of course is a given. I agree that Yampolsky, having qualified for JGPF, will be selected for Junior Worlds. Jacob had a rough season, but Annis and Martynov did not have the best seasons either. I am not certain that USFS would compare scores across comps, and I don't know that USFS has criteria for junior worlds.

I follow the junior men, and I don't have a clue.:biggrin: