2023 World Figure Skating Championships Where Are You Watching? | Golden Skate

2023 World Figure Skating Championships Where Are You Watching?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
USA

All Times Eastern Daylight Time
(UTC-4)

Mar. 21World Championships9 p.m.-1 a.mPeacock
Mar. 22World Championships1:45-8 a.mPeacock
Mar. 22World Championships6-8 a.m.USA Network
Mar. 22World Championships9 p.m.-1 a.m.Peacock
Mar. 23World Championships1:45-8 a.m.Peacock
Mar. 23World Championships 6-8 a.m.USA Network
Mar. 23World Championships8-10 a.m.USA Network*
Mar. 23World Championships9:45 p.m.-3:15 a.m.Peacock
Mar. 24World Championships4:15-8:30 a.mPeacock
Mar. 24World Championships6:30-8:30 a.mUSA Network
Mar. 24World Championships11:30 p.m.-3 a.mPeacock
Mar. 25World Championships4:15-8:30 a.m.Peacock
Mar. 25World Championships6:30-8:30 a.mPeacock
Mar. 25World Championships8-10 p.mNBC*
Apr. 9World Championships3-6 p.m.NBC*

* = Taped coverage

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Peacock has the icons up on their website and the times come up for my time zone (U. S. Eastern time) with the adjustment for Daylight Savings time :clap:. There is no FS hub so I used this link which I got from a friend: https://www.peacocktv.com/watch/sports/sports-figure-skating
If you don't want to use the link you have go all the way to the end of the Live and Upcoming line and scroll all the way to the right and then click on "View all".

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Thanks @MFarone for the link and the description. It appears that converting the Japan time to Pacific Daylight Time can be done by adding 8 hours to the Japan time and then subtracting a day.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Thanks @MFarone for the link and the description. It appears that converting the Japan time to Pacific Daylight Time can be done by adding 8 hours to the Japan time and then subtracting a day.
Wow. I go to the link and all I get is Nancy and Tonya and Meddling.
I go to my time zone converter and find out the Ladies Free ends at 9:20 pm Friday local or 5:30am Friday Spocal

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Wow. I go to the link and all I get is Nancy and Tonya and Meddling.
I go to my time zone converter and find out the Ladies Free ends at 9:20 pm Friday local or 5:30am Friday Spocal

Here is a link for worldtimebuddy.com: https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/ I set Tokyo in the 1st position and Spokane in the 2nd position. I went to March 17 moved the time to 5:20 p.m. and it shows the Spokane time as 1:20 a.m. March 17. The FS lasts about 4 hrs and should end about 5:20 a.m.

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Pairs and Dance seem to be at a good time for us West Coasters - Singles, not so much. And dumb Peacock makes it much harder to catch a replay. At least we have USA network and some NBC coverage.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Pairs and Dance seem to be at a good time for us West Coasters - Singles, not so much. And dumb Peacock makes it much harder to catch a replay. At least we have USA network and some NBC coverage.
Wouldn't it be great if Peacock would at least tell us that replays are available for 2 days before the competition starts? But, this is Peacock so even if they are planning on making replays available they won't say anything and we will find out when a fan stumbles on them and posts the info. Yes, we can maybe catch a replay on the ISU stream using a VPN but only if the competition isn't taken down for a music violation.

As an antenna person with no cable tv I don't have USA network or E!. Excuse my ranting - I am just frustrated!

pearly

Record Breaker
It's now appearing on the Eurosport schedule and I believe it should be on the ISU channel on Youtube as well. Perhaps for the last time, though.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It's now appearing on the Eurosport schedule and I believe it should be on the ISU channel on Youtube as well. Perhaps for the last time, though.

Eurosport normally shows the World Team Trophy, though. After showing figure skating for 30 odd years, it would be fitting if they went out with the party event! :cheer: :rock: :party2: :dance3: :hb:

The ISU YouTube channel showed the last World Team Trophy, back in 2021. So, I would like to think that they would be showing it again this time.

Whichever event does turn out to be the last broadcast of the season, we know it will be the last waltz for British Eurosport. Hopefully it won't be for the ISU YouTube channel.

CaroLiza_fan

pearly

Record Breaker
Eurosport normally shows the World Team Trophy, though. After showing figure skating for 30 odd years, it would be fitting if they went out with the party event! :cheer: :rock: :party2: :dance3: :hb:

The ISU YouTube channel showed the last World Team Trophy, back in 2021. So, I would like to think that they would be showing it again this time.

Whichever event does turn out to be the last broadcast of the season, we know it will be the last waltz for British Eurosport. Hopefully it won't be for the ISU YouTube channel.

CaroLiza_fan
I meant the last time Worlds are on YT. The ISU did not announce Worlds or WTT will be on that new app, so I believe both will be on YT and if you say so, Eurosport (never followed WTT there, so taking your word for it).

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Still no guide on how to watch the event on SYWTWFS.
It will be interesting to see if WMG plays "wack a mole" and tries to stop people showing replays. Youtube is legally easy to wack....Instagram less so. I dont have the slightest idea how European TV works. If I had cable/sat in the US, DVRs are offered for extra money that would record channels..time shifting of programs used to be no big deal...where was the uproar over video cassettes, or audio cassettes for that matter? ..streaming is a whole nother ball of wax.
What IS very clear is that the technology now to record streaming is trivial but kept unavailable because....what? I am gonna sell pirate DVDs of Worlds? :devil:
HDMI in/HDMI out is all it takes.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
it will be the last waltz for British Eurosport.
I haven’t followed the news, I guess. What’s this about the last waltz for British Eurosport? No more FS after this season? (I saw viaplay mentioned, I think, but…) And is this just for British Eurosport, or all of Eurosport?

Edit: okay, browsed through the topic in The Edge. Can’t say it really helps to answer my questions, though! lol
Anyway, I will just wait and see what shows up on Eurosport next week (and next season).

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I haven’t followed the news, I guess. What’s this about the last waltz for British Eurosport? No more FS after this season? (I saw viaplay mentioned, I think, but…) And is this just for British Eurosport, or all of Eurosport?

Edit: okay, browsed through the topic in The Edge. Can’t say it really helps to answer my questions, though! lol
Anyway, I will just wait and see what shows up on Eurosport next week (and next season).

Yes, British Eurosport have lost the rights for all the ISU events (figure skating and speed skating). Viaplay will have the rights in the British Isles for the next 5 seasons.

Here is the post in last season's British & Irish thread where I dropped the bombshell:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/posts/2964909

As for the rest of Eurosport, I haven't a clue. I was actually trying to find out yesterday who has the figure skating rights in which countries, and it was next to impossible! At least the MotoGP and World Superbikes websites have a dedicated page telling you who the broadcasters are, even including maps. But there is nothing like that on the ISU wbsite.

Hey, this is the ISU. You wouldn't expect them to do something as helpful as that. :rolleye:

CaroLiza_fan

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Thanks for the info! Guess we’ll just wait and see what happens…
I’m confused anyway, I mean, wasn’t Eurosport supposed to move to discovery+ platform years ago? Haven’t seen anything like that yet, either (as a matter of fact, the livestreams were moved to the Eurosport app, and the Player app stopped… except on my PS5 and Nvidia shield tv pro, IIRC).

Anyway, Worlds 2023 coverage seems okay here, I guess it will be on the ISU youtube channel and on Eurosport again.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I use Nord VPN, any idea which countries may work to watch the ISU Youtube stream? I assume many European and Asian countries will be geoblocked.
I would start with the NL. AFAIK, they still have not bought the rights. The question is, What if Warner Music Group blocks the replay on youtube?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I cant believe this! My telebision has all sorts of info and broadcast of games of the ball called "March Madness"????
Its like they dont even know the World Figure Skating Championship is about to happen! :(:(:(

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I use Nord VPN, any idea which countries may work to watch the ISU Youtube stream? I assume many European and Asian countries will be geoblocked.

I would start with the NL. AFAIK, they still have not bought the rights.
Eurosport have the rights in the Netherlands. At least they air it on telly and all livestreams live and archived.

I have stopped to wonder why, then, the ISU youtube streams are not blocked for us. I suppose life would be very boring if everything made sense…. ;-)

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I feel like I'm revisiting the "good old days" when I had to search for results in the sports section of the newspaper... that part with the tiny print and the box scores of baseball games on it.

Some of my fellow old people know what I'm talking about.