2024 World Championships Men's Short Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2024 World Championships Men's Short Program

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
fabulous-fab.gif
So graceful. I am here to play today! Vacation is the best!!

Andrea82

Medalist
crazy again how the judging panels are euro centric ... so the CAN USA JAPAN and or KOREA judges will show up for the LP?
Azerbaijan, Canada, Croatia and Korea will show up in the FS.
USA and Japan not drawn.

The draw was done among all countries who had a skater in 2023 Worlds Men event. Hence, more European countries in the pool to draw from.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Tell him to also pray for my darling's ankles with me, s'il te plaît
well.. it's not like I know who he is or vice versa in this crowd.... i can tell you though, from yesterday, the number of Korean flags is impressive. I also overheard people saying how well or how not well some of the Korean names were pronounced... :) I almost thought you were in the house !

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Are you with us for the whole group cause I'm doing the marathon?
My big plan is to *watch the whole men's SP and pairs' FS* so if everything goes to plan then I'll be with you the whole journey. I have no idea how I am going to handle work when I wake up but I'll cross that bridge later

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Azerbaijan, Canada, Croatia and Korea will show up in the FS.
USA and Japan not drawn.

The draw was done among all countries who had a skater in 2023 Worlds Men event. Hence, more European countries in the pool to draw from.
Makes sense. Hopefully, skaters from Canada will also show up in the LP... wouldn't be the first time when Canada got a judge in a competition without Canadian skaters...

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Are you with us for the whole group cause I'm doing the marathon?

Good for you! I am afraid not, I will take judicious breaks ;) and I may not be able to comment the whole time.

But I certainly can't complain about the time difference (non existent) I always with the men in spirit. :biggrin:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
well.. it's not like I know who he is or vice versa in this crowd.... i can tell you though, from yesterday, the number of Korean flags is impressive. I also overheard people saying how well or how not well some of the Korean names were pronounced... :) I almost thought you were in the house !
PJ Kwong is usually pretty good with Korean names, I do not trust the other male English announcer as much but hopefully only Hyungyeom's name will be butchered. And if I had the luxury to go to Montreal I would've made sure that every one of the announcers got all of team Korea's names right

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
that's because... there are many countries in Europe
the tech controllers are from US, Korea and Japan
i am aware of geography.... it's just uncanny that in both pairs, dance (take my word for it) and now men, we do not find a lot of non-euro judges this time around. Often, there is at least one or two non-euro judges in an event... I am definitely not expecting a panel not to have many Euro judges.. anyways.... in case you hadn't got my point :) I am very tired and i don't think i make sense in a second language before my second coffee... will drink it now

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
So many to watch today.. out side of the obvious contenders I am curious whether Cha will come in strong and hoping Alexandr Selevko of Estonia repeats his awesome moves again today.. Mikhail (KAZ) is strong too with two of the best programs this season, Jason of course!! Wondering where he will land in all this and cannot wait for GB’s Edward Appleby SP.. the man can dance on blades (better than I could at the height of my clubbing days - and I was no slouch:biggrin:) Go all you lovely men!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
PJ Kwong is usually pretty good with Korean names, I do not trust the other male English announcer as much but hopefully only Hyungyeom's name will be butchered. And if I had the luxury to go to Montreal I would've made sure that every one of the announcers got all of team Korea's names right
The name that was butchered the most (with my limited knowledge) yesterday was Loena Hendrickx.
I often heard LE-O-NA and no X at the end...