Practice Reports | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Practice Reports

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am not familiar with the skater practicing now, Alexa G, with music from Dreamgirls, but I must say that her practice wear is unbelievably fierce :)
Someone on these boards is a fan. I can’t remember who, but I remember them talking about her. I love Dreamgirls, I love her practice wear. I’m unfamiliar with her and she marked her jumps so couldn’t tell much. I did like what I saw. Apparently the someone is @apgold

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ok notes from what I remember. I can’t remember if I knew Sonja Hilmer choreographed her own programs but she apparently designs her own costumes. I would not be surprised if she sewed them also. Amber looked great. I always forget how strong and powerful and fast she is until I see her in person. It just doesn’t translate to the small screen, not for me at least. She was kind enough to sign my pride flag. Unfortunately there’s a pretty significant gap between the skater area and the seats, so we weren’t sure how she would get it back to me, but her dad (I think) came and she threw it up to him so that worked out. After Gracie was done practicing (I was not feeling her practice, I felt very bad energy from her) I called her over and explained @Seven Sisters flag. She was very happy. I told her someone (who happens to be very nice @bagofgoldfish) was taking me to the store to buy her flowers 🌺 but I didn’t know how we would get them to her. We will find a way! Says Gracie. Ok! By the way I went and got them and I had Covid awhile back and haven’t been able to smell anything since. Well, I smelled the roses and they smell great. I hope this is a sign. Now I’m never going to sleep.

katymay

Medalist
Josephine Lee looked strong. Racked up a nice base value for the Long Program. Skating skills are not at the top yet, but they aren't bad either, she could sneak in except US Nats is very partial to reputation judging. We'll see.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I am not familiar with the skater practicing now, Alexa G, with music from Dreamgirls, but I must say that her practice wear is unbelievably fierce :)
Alexa Gasperetto … Rohene Ward is her coach

midori green

On the Ice
I was sitting behind the K&C area by the skaters entrance but forgot my phone.
I figured everyone was focused on the practices...they seem to go very quickly! Thanks for the in-person reports on speed, etc. I did hear some loud cheers when Gracie was announced. :giggle:

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Noticed Peacock has two more practice cam airings listed:

Part 4: Tonight, January 27 at 8:30 pm Pacific (11:30 pm Eastern) Scheduled for a hour 45 minutes
Part 5: Tomorrow, January 28 at 2 pm Pacific (5 pm Eastern) Scheduled for 2 hours 15 minutes

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A Practice Session cam is scheduled for Peacock at 5 EST.

I believe that should be the men.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jason is in this group:hap10: Twizzles.;)

Will Annis with angsty emo music. Oh God is it some horribly slow version of "Your Song"?