What The Fabric Costume Award | Page 10 | Golden Skate

What The Fabric Costume Award

icewhite

Record Breaker
it's bad, but not that bad to be memorable, to me at least. he tried to replicate Leo's masquerade ball costume with no much success...

original

Weathergal

Medalist
Oh, yes!

Boys but I miss Kevin. He was a great skater, and somebody you always looked forward to watching. But he just had too many injuries.

Just when I see his skeleton inspired costume, it reminds me of something that happened yesterday. I had to leave watching the ISU International Adult Competition early as I had other things to do last night. But, when I popped in to check for the start of the final segment so that I could put up the reminder post, I saw a skater waiting for her scores that was wearing a similar costume, except this one had a full anatomically correct skeleton! Oh, and a lot of flowery decorations!

If you want to see Janina KROGMANN (DEU), here is the link to yesterday's archived livestream:

https://sportdeutschland.tv/deutsche-eislauf-union/isu-adult-fsc-2024-tuesday-may-14th

It is split into two parts, so click on "Teil 2", and then go to 7h 8m 2s for the start of her programme. Please be aware that this website requires you to disable your ad-blocker before it allows you to play any videos.

Funily enough, when trying to find her, I discovered that the skater on before her, Nadine VAKŠIĆ (HRV), also had some bones on her costume.

Krogmann's costume reminded me of a local motorbike racer who wears leathers with a full skeleton on them. I can't find any photos of him in them online, but he was inspired by David Aldana, a racer from California who famously wore skeleton leathers in the 1970's:

39263ed8-69c0-40d2-b8ef-67a7b099144d.jpg

Anyway, I am going to go now and start catching up on skaters I missed, before today's action starts.

CaroLiza_fan
I miss Kevin, too and also enjoyed his skating. I looked forward to what kind of program he would do next - and what he would wear. LOL

Wow, that costume does look like a cousin of the skeleton costume!
Which costume should I link to for Kevin cause I second this nomination?
Any really, including ones not added here. LOL Kevin brought much to the costuming world.
Sadly Tarzan is not a competition costume, but i'd go for skeleton
Yes, sorry I just had to include it because it was so outrageous. It seemed like the right way to cap off the collection.
Is a loin cloth substantial enough to be classified as a "costume" anyway? šŸ¤”
:laugh:
Yes, white-and-gold alone should qualify for the life-time cheevo. Did his mom made his costumes? Because that's the only explanation I will accept.
:laugh2:

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kevin vdP had his misses but he also brought us wonderful pirate and robin hood routines that brought a lot of joy.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
nominations are still open, folks. i don't believe nothing else come to your mind:biggrin: don't be shy!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
nominations are still open, folks. i don't believe nothing else come to your mind:biggrin: don't be shy!

There were lots of costrumes from the ISU International Adult Competition that would be worthy of nominations. Too many to actually nominate. Plus, too hard to let you see them (the archived livestreams are the only source, and it is too diificult to find individual skaters within them).

CaroLiza_fan

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
Both versions of Rinka Watanabe's free skate costumes? This Instagram post has both versions:

First one for the neckline, second for the print, and both have what looks like temporary hair dye for a possible hair nomination.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Both versions of Rinka Watanabe's free skate costumes? This Instagram post has both versions:

First one for the neckline, second for the print, and both have what looks like temporary hair dye for a possible hair nomination.

Perfume killer dress gets a yes from me, early 2000s aunty Rosalia's dress not so much, but let's see what the other judges think @labgoat @norwegianfairytale @Ichatdelune