2014 Skate Canada Ladies FS 11/01 | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate Canada Ladies FS 11/01

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
I feel the same! The audience felt the same.

Yeah, didn't see standing ovations for Gold and Silver there (but I may not be paying attention...?) and I got the chills watching Satoko's FS (even if I've watched it in Lombardia and JO). I think her PCS was lowballed?

oleada

Record Breaker
Anna deserved the gold. Nice jumps, a little labored in the spins, but she's really improved in one year.

Ashley was completely gifted. Yes, she sold "it" but her program was completely empty. It was all two footed skating. I don't understand how she has the highest transitions score when there wasn't a single transition in her program.

Satoko had the skate of the night. I love her musicality and interpretation, reminds me of Akiko. Her PCS was too low and she really should've gotten silver here.

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES FREE SKATE - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Anna POGORILAYA (RUS) - 191.81 Free Skate
2. Ashley WAGNER (USA) - 186.00 Free Skate
3. Satoko MIYAHARA (JPN) - 181.75 Free Skate
4. Courtney HICKS (USA) - 174.51 Free Skate
5. Rika HONGO (JPN) - 171.47 Free Skate
6. Alena LEONOVA (RUS) - 164.15 Free Skate
7. Alaine CHARTRAND (CAN) - 156.22 Free Skate
8. Brooklee HAN (AUS) - 146.80 Free Skate
9. Hae Jin KIM (KOR) - 143.43 Free Skate
10. Veronik MALLET (CAN) - 142.25 Free Skate
11. Viktoria HELGESSON (SWE) - 139.67 Free Skate
12. Julianne SEGUIN (CAN) - 136.95 Free Skate

Cyn

On the Ice
Pogo's PCS being more than 2.5 points higher than Ashley's is a freaking joke.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to the top 3! Felt bad for Leonova though, I suppose her nerves got to her.

Nice to see two US women in the top 4.

Pogo did great, but I'm sick of "Firebird" already. Her tech content was amazing.

And good for Ashley grabbing silver - she still needs to work her URs though and the two footing. Even I can spot that now, and I'm no skating expert :)

peg

Medalist
Ashley and Satoko were by far my two favorites. I just can't enjoy Anna's skating - or her costume!

minze

Medalist
And they would probably take places 4 and 5 too, if they were allowed.

Yes. People used to talked about Japanese depth... Well the Russians have overwhelming depth: Yulia Adelina Elena Anna Liza all of them with the technical goods to overcome PCS of the "veterans"

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
I really wish Ashley could fix the ur / 2ft problems. I would love to see her challenge a clean Gracie at nats and have a podium shot at worlds. I don't think any those things will happen if she can't get full credit for 3-3 or 2a-3. I loved her presence and confidence tonight!

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
:popcorn: I love how everyone had written her off last year. 186 is a pretty admirable score.

So happy for the top 3 skaters' performances! :clap:

People write off Ashley too soon, but I wondered if she benefited from Gracie's recent stock fall.

Satoko need a season to build up her reputation. I don't usually like Miss Saigon, but it works for her. Ashely deserve her PCS, she hasn't skated with so much confidence in a long time, even without a 3/3 or her UR issues. Plus she has been undermarked in PCS for past few competitions, this one kind of balance it out. She is also clearly the most seasoned performer out there.

Anna is a tour de force, just wait. (Or she already is)

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anna put on a jumping clinic. There is not much else to her skating but it is enough, obviously. She is a gorgeous girl. So happy for Ashley. She isn't ready to step aside for Gracie or anyone else. If only she could do those difficult combos without two-foots and URs... Her PCS once again was the highest. Well-deserved.