2014 Cup of China Short Dance 11/07 | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2014 Cup of China Short Dance 11/07

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well isn't that interesting...

And, given the actual dance of C/L, not altogether surprising...

Is that Mrs P, ShibSibs fan extraordinaire, I hear doing a Happy Dance of her own? ;)

Matt K

On the Ice
This is what happens when they leave Igor and go to Zoueva. C/L may have shot themselves in the foot. They lost their TES advantage to even upstarts I/K.

Shibs are not dancers.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Glad the scoring was accurate. Shibs deserve to be in first here after the SD.

Orange Cat

On the Ice
Eurosport commentators surprised that C/L are behind the Shibs and only .58 above P/C. Personally am not surprised - they didn't come out and own their position as World Champions and I didn't find it as sharp or captivating as other pasos. The Shibs were sharp and P/C were amazing. Also really enjoyed the Chinese teams, and am thrilled for Elena and Ruslan for having such a good first outing :) All in all, that was a great competition, I think!

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
In all honesty they just weren't very good.

I thought the dress and the ponytail were weird, but I love watching their performance. And I'm not expert enough to notice issues in the twizzles. Bummer. I like them better, generally speaking, than the Shibs.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Ice dance this season is a bit more in line with the rest of Figure skating, In terms of the competition being more dynamic,

Very interesting movements between the pairs based on performance in the first GP events, This wasn't usually the case

Mao88

Record Breaker
SHORT DANCE - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI (USA) - 65.20 Short Dance
2. Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE (ITA) - 62.70 Short Dance
3. Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON (FRA) - 62.12 Short Dance
4. Elena ILINYKH / Ruslan ZHIGANSHIN (RUS) - 60.48 Short Dance
5. Alexandra PAUL / Mitchell ISLAM (CAN) - 56.46 Short Dance
6. Shiyue WANG / Xinyu LIU (CHN) - 49.50 Short Dance
7. Yiyi ZHANG / Nan WU (CHN) - 44.90 Short Dance
8. Yue ZHAO / Xun ZHENG (CHN) - 41.88 Short Dance

gmyers

Record Breaker
C/l can be euro champs and then be weak at the Olympics and then world champs. Still very inconsistent.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Well isn't that interesting...

And, given the actual dance of C/L, not altogether surprising...

Is that Mrs P, ShibSibs fan extraordinaire, I hear doing a Happy Dance of her own? ;)

Well I had Cappellini/Lanotte winning so...

J/K. I am thrilled they did better today. I agree they looked more relaxed (yet sharp) out there.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Watched I/Z, and while for a first time out, it was Very Good Indeed, they are going to have to watch that she, with her abundant natural charisma, doesn't dominate. He tends to recede into the background. I thought it threw the partnership out of balance. Hmm, yes, they don't look entirely balanced.

elee63

Final Flight
Can an expert inform us less skate savvy folk about the TES? Was it really because the second set of twizzles, or was there something else?

TMC

Record Breaker
I had a feeling C/L wouldn't be at their best, that's why I have the Shibs winning this. I wasn't that impressed with their free either.

Wonder if the coaching change has something to do with it?

I don't get the logic of 'win world champs with one coach - immediately dump that coach and go to another'...

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Because they left Igor and went to Zoueva. They may have put the nail in their coffin themselves. We will see after the FD.

I don't like their FD this season also. It's kinda dull IMO. And very standart.