2014 Cup of China Short Dance 11/07 | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2014 Cup of China Short Dance 11/07

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
While P/C got level 4 on Paso Doble :love: How many teams got it till now?

Weaver & Poje
Chock & Bates
Giller & Portier
Aldridge & Eaton
Paradis & Oulette (at Skate America, not Skate Canada)

No couple has achieved level 4 on both sequences yet.

Alba

Record Breaker
But they must still be with her as she was with them in K&C and left the Shibs to go watch them???

Tbh they did consulted Zueva in the past also. She's acting like a consultant, but I do think they should've kept Shpilband as a consultant because their problem has always been the tech. not the artistic part.

alebi

Medalist
Weaver & Poje
Chock & Bates
Giller & Portier
Aldridge & Eaton

So many? I checked and on the first seq only Gilles / Poirier and Chock / Bates :confused:

edit: double checked and the other couples were on the second seq, my fault :)

TMC

Record Breaker
Can't believe Papadakis/Cizeron are only 19!!!

She looks so mature, I'd say 28-30 :laugh:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Silly question maybe:

Is it possible to achieve level 4 sbs steps in the SD this season?

No team in the GP so far has achieved higher than 3

It's tough certainly. V/M got level 4 in their step sequence in the SD pretty consistently (i.e. all GP events) but it wasn't until GPF they did so in the FD. D/W didn't hit the level 4 in the SD until GPF, though had a level 4 step in their FD at NHK and GPF.

Kittosuni

Medalist
Ilinykh should change her hairstyle, too much stuff flying around makes their overall look so messy. Anna's dress and overall look is like ***, how is that even a Paso/spanish inspired dress. It was more like a wedding dress and the bottom part makes her look so stiff and big. I was really impressed with P/C

Barb

Record Breaker
Elena and Ruslan with so much potential, I think they started very well the program and the second part was some awkward, especially Ruslan, he needs maintain a better posture and energy at the end. But definitly very well for their first time competing.

P/C were fine, but I prefer their FD.

Anna and Luca :eek:hwell: . I think their FD is better but technically did not look in top form, it is ok, first comp in the season. Marina in kiss and cry :rolleye:

Shibs great, their first twizzles looked slower but the second and third excellent, and I think they should to work in their speed in the first half of the program, or may be is just the timing with music.

Kutien

Final Flight
1 Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI USA 65.20 video
2 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE ITA 62.70 video
3 Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON FRA 62.12 video
4 Elena ILINYKH / Ruslan ZHIGANSHIN RUS 60.48 video
5 Alexandra PAUL / Mitchell ISLAM CAN 56.46 video
6 Shiyue WANG / Xinyu LIU CHN 49.50 video
7 Yiyi ZHANG / Nan WU CHN 44.90 video
8 Yue ZHAO / Xun ZHENG CHN 41.88 video

Alba

Record Breaker
My top 3 (in random order) in terms of choreo, intepretation, performance:

P&C, I&Z, Shibs. :yes:

Alba

Record Breaker
Ilinykh should change her hairstyle, too much stuff flying around makes their overall look so messy.

I thought that was a great look. That's how I see Carmen, not all tidy and in order. But that's degustibus, I guess.

Matt K

On the Ice
P/C were fine, but I prefer their FD.

Anna and Luca :eek:hwell: . I think their FD is better but technically did not look in top form, it is ok, first comp in the season. Marina in kiss and cry :rolleye:

What about Marina in kiss and cry? She is their coach :confused:

I think I/Z have good chemistry, despite Ilinykh's abundance of charisma. She might "overshadow" any partner.

Besides, none of the American boy ice dancers know how to partner anyways, except for maybe Donohue, and I don't think Poje is exceptional, either.

P/C look very mature for their ages. They had the most speed of the top 3. I, too, thought they were 28-30 :laugh::laugh:

Florencito

Medalist
Weaver & Poje
Chock & Bates
Giller & Portier
Aldridge & Eaton

Paradis/Oullette too? Such a pleasant surprise, really enjoyed them.

uhh

Medalist
I think I/Z have good chemistry, despite Ilinykh's abundance of charisma. She might "overshadow" any partner.

I think I saw more expression from Ruslan today than I did ever with Victoria. His strength has always been in presenting his partner - the old "the man is the stem & the woman is the flower" school of thinking. Elena is so much more expressive than Victoria that maybe he needs to learn that he doesn't have to work so hard to present her, and can pay more attention to bringing out his character on the ice.

The only other quibble I have with I/Z is that I'd like them to skate a little closer together. They both have great knee bend but he's leaning into her too much and that hides it a bit. He needs to straighten up and get a bit closer to her and then they'd also seem to have a slightly larger height difference. But that is only a minor complaint, I thought everything else was great, and they were robbed on the GOE of the lift and PCS, particularly SS. Once their ranking is up enough to draw later in the skating order, I expect those marks to go shooting up.