2014 Rostelecom Cup Short Dance 11/14 | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2014 Rostelecom Cup Short Dance 11/14

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I'd say they were particularly overscored in PCS, especially in P/E and Interpretation.

Specific marks aside, I am disappointed that given the Paso theme, they (and/or their team) made the dullest, most obvious music choice possible. If some one is skating to Carmen for the millionth time, they had better do something extraordinary and special with it. This isn't it.

I'll repeat that I think Elena has loads of charisma and talent. I wish she and her partner had a more interesting SD.

Where can I read this new rule? ISU official site, or where?

Alba

Record Breaker
Lol I think the opposite. Elena is the best Carmen ever. Ruslan is doing very well. He is not there yet bit he is becoming the man for Elena.

For me the best SD are P&C, I&Z, Shibs. As programs I mean.

Florentina

On the Ice
I'd say they were particularly overscored in PCS, especially in P/E and Interpretation.

Specific marks aside, I am disappointed that given the Paso theme, they (and/or their team) made the dullest, most obvious music choice possible. If some one is skating to Carmen for the millionth time, they had better do something extraordinary and special with it. This isn't it.

I'll repeat that I think Elena has loads of charisma and talent. I wish she and her partner had a more interesting SD.

I agree. I mean it's fine to chose Carmen I don't really mind. But I think they forgot to present a paso doble, they just made another Carmen interpretation. Not particular bad, not particularly good. The paso feeling was really missing. But then again, most others didn't do any better on this aspect.
Regarding her expressiveness, I think she would do good if she would take a step back sometimes. The most isn't always the best. I think a bit less would be more effective.

noidont

Final Flight
Ruslena's twizzle is more impressive live. The first set's ice coverage is insane. It is not as visible on video especially with today's camera angel.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Ruslena's twizzle is more impressive live. The first set's ice coverage is insane. It is not as visible on video especially with today's camera angel.

It was very visible at CoC. Camera angle there was the same as during other teams twizzles here. So anyone can compare and see the difference.

Last edited:

Kittosuni

Medalist
I have to say victoria and ruslan did their best to match the expression and emotions of their respective partners. They really benefited from the I/K split up because lets be honest they would never be this interesting and would have been burried by stepanova and bukin by now.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
That was a real exciting short dance, one of the best first groups of skating ever, although once the first two had skated I was less interested.

I was impressed with both couples but I think it is right that I/Z are the first Russian couple. I thought as a couple S/K looked great, he made mistakes on the twizzles and from the protocols they only hit two of the six points. I am surprised they are behind Co/B on PCS. I/Z came out on fire, she was talking no prisoners it is a dance that really suits her. Again I would have them closer to Ch/B on PCS. Ch/B deserve their lead but not sure if they are worth a 4+ lead.

In terms of the Russian team, S/B and M/K have work to do it's gonna be tough for them to break in to the Top 3 and secure a ticket to worlds or euros

LauraV

On the Ice
Lol, okay Snow63, let's shake hands and be friends?

It was not my intent to get off on the wrong foot with you.

I really do enjoy Elena, as I said.

Last edited:

NorthernLite

On the Ice
That was a real exciting short dance, one of the best first groups of skating ever

Bah, I'm too distracted today and missed it while doing exciting chores. :bang: (I'd ask when IN puts up replays, but there's already stuff on YT ... why am I paying for IN?!)

Glad Chock & Bates did well, meh on the rest. (Still puzzling out the men's scores.)

Last edited:

noidont

Final Flight
You were there among the audience??

Was at CoC last weekend.

I went to check the standing. It seems like I/Z still has a chance to make GPF now that Anna and Luca are out. Only if they win silver here of course. Gilles/Poirer is safe to get in and the last spot is between I/Z and Coomes/Buckland, by my estimate. Would need a bit of luck and a little help from both M/K and Vikita to bump Co/B to third at NHK.

IcyEdges

Match Penalty
Lol I think the opposite. Elena is the best Carmen ever. Ruslan is doing very well. He is not there yet bit he is becoming the man for Elena.

As far as ice dancers are concerned, I agree with you that Elena is the best Carmen of the current pack of skaters. Also, I really like Ruslan with her, he is a better match and Nikita always sucked at twizzles.