2014 Rostelecom Cup Short Dance 11/14 | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2014 Rostelecom Cup Short Dance 11/14

noidont

Final Flight
Madison had a visible stumble in the ntstsq and yet they still got plus GOEs, so I wouldn't say I/Z was scored generously.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Marina had a rough day what with her new chosen team the Russians getting whipped by I/K then Igor's team beating her soundly too. It might be a long year for her.

Shibs still had the third highest SD score in the GP! Not bad for some neglected kids. :laugh:

Last edited:

Mao88

Record Breaker
SHORT DANCE - VIDEOS & RESULT - updated

1. Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES (USA) - 68.86 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
2. Elena ILINYKH / Ruslan ZHIGANSHIN (RUS) - 64.12 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
3. Penny COOMES / Nicholas BUCKLAND (GBR) - 59.55 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
4. Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOV (RUS) - 57.96 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
5. Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN (RUS) - 56.90 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
6. Alexandra ALDRIDGE / Daniel EATON (USA) - 54.39 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
7. Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKER (USA) - 52.86 Short Dance
8. Rebeka KIM / Kirill MINOV (KOR) - 46.14 Short Dance, 2nd Copy

Meoima

Match Penalty
Madison had a visible stumble in the ntstsq and yet they still got plus GOEs, so I wouldn't say I/Z was scored generously.
If anything I/Z was underscored in PCS for skating early and being a new team IMO. :p

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker

Not to mention +GOE points for I/Z's twizzles should be higher.

Snow63

Record Breaker
I/Z would be second here even with their CoC SD score. Nice.

Snow63

Record Breaker
Looking at those their twizzles again, I am not seeing anything that would merit a higher GOE. YMMV, of course.

Great ice coverage (best today), no steps between first and second sets of twizzles, very good synchro and speed. It was just my opinion of course.

Last edited:

LauraV

On the Ice
If anything I/Z was underscored in PCS for skating early and being a new team IMO. :p

I'd say they were particularly overscored in PCS, especially in P/E and Interpretation.

Specific marks aside, I am disappointed that given the Paso theme, they (and/or their team) made the dullest, most obvious music choice possible. If some one is skating to Carmen for the millionth time, they had better do something extraordinary and special with it. This isn't it.

I'll repeat that I think Elena has loads of charisma and talent. I wish she and her partner had a more interesting SD.

chameleon

On the Ice
I think Vikita would work better for S/K.

Very interesting results for the SD. I/Z went from skating second to skating second to last, wow.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I'd say they were particularly overscored in PCS, especially in P/E and Interpretation.

Specific marks aside, I am disappointed that given the Paso theme, they (and/or their team) made the dullest, most obvious music choice possible. If some one is skating to Carmen for the millionth time, they had better do something extraordinary and special with it. This isn't it.

I'll repeat that I think Elena has loads of charisma and talent. I wish she and her partner had a more interesting SD.
Lol I think the opposite. Elena is the best Carmen ever. Ruslan is doing very well. He is not there yet bit he is becoming the man for Elena.