2014 Trophée Eric Bompard Free Dance 11/22 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2014 Trophée Eric Bompard Free Dance 11/22

Sackie

Medalist
Have to wonder if they sort of gave up knowing that no matter what they would not beat P/G!

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
P/C: Anyone besides me need a cigarette after that??? (and I don't smoke) I find this program beautifully, hauntingly erotic. Bravo!

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
This FD is incredible! The part from the beginning to the end of the twizzles is just magic.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
P/C: Anyone besides me need a cigarette after that??? (and I don't smoke) I find this program beautifully, hauntingly erotic. Bravo!

I still don't get why people like this dance so much honestly. It's good, but I don't see anything special about it. Deserved win of course :)

Cyn

On the Ice
G/P were ridiculously overscored for that outing, yet they receive a SB for it? :unsure:

P/C delivered!! So happy to see them doing well after all the BS they had to deal with last season.

slider11

Medalist
I thought the italians dance was a real struggle. Besides the twizzle problem they really haven't completely embraced the Irish tempo. I preferred Paul and Islam but judges are really not embracing them. Too bad. Not loving the Spanish FD. They lyrics are distracting. Sara is beautiful on the ice. Too bad about the twizzle oops but otherwise I love Gilles and Poirier's FD. She has such a natural and beautiful smile. Gabriella and Guillaume were snesational! Now I am a believer! They epitomize beautiful dance! They are definitely a threat for top 5 in the World if not podium.

btw...bravo to the French crowd for being so gracious to all skaters. I love that the skaters have to walk past the audience to the kiss and cry and get a personal acknowledgement from those sitting right by them! Good for those skaters that acknowledge back!

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
My streaming re started working just for P/C!
I was sooo nervous for them, I feel so relieved right now!

text_skate

🇺🇦
Medalist
Country
European-Union
This was a good skate, at first they were a bit tense and nervous. A minute into the program they were into it, too.

I like the program. Last week's at CoR was mesmerizing, this only towards the end a bit.

Oops, two weeks ago CoC.:eek:: Well, it felt just like a week ago - still fresh :)

Last edited:

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
102.60! What was the -2.00 for?

I finally have a version of this dance other than the CoC to re-watch like crazy.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
I still don't get why people like this dance so much honestly. It's good, but I don't see anything special about it. Deserved win of course :)

I guess that's one of the things that makes ice dance so interesting - vastly different music and styles which stir up different responses for all of us!

Savage_Tiger

Rinkside
Quite a rise for P/C. That's what all those top teams retiring or splitting up does I guess. Very nice program.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I guess that's one of the things that makes ice dance so interesting - vastly different music and styles which stir up different responses for all of us!

True. I tried to get into it, and still can't :) I guess it will grow on me after their Wrolds podium. Maybe.

Cyn

On the Ice

It gets an automatic + from me simply for skating to Mozart ::swoon::. Aside from that, their flow and grace on the ice is beautiful to watch. Their lifts are amazing and have an incredible WOW factor, plus as a team, they have charisma and a connection with one another with room to spare. They still have a lot of work to do if they want to land on the podium at Worlds, but they're definitely on track to do just that.

Their Pink Floyd FD while still in Juniors remains my favorite FD for them - I wish they could bring it back as an exhibition as it was FAB.

Now it's time for the Men and to see how ridonkulously Kovtun will be overscored on PCS for his craptastic FS.

Last edited:

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
I'm fine with this score (even with 2 deductions :shocked: )

It's my opinion that they deserve a 10 for interpretation on that skate

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Why was this team left home and not in Sochi? I'm sure they weren't this good but they sure were better then the 2nd French team they sent.

slider11

Medalist
Good analogy...sounds like changing the radio station music pieced together. Madison has this sort of bored/defiant/smirky look. I know they're not skating to a schmaltzy waltz but her aura is not engaging.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It gets an automatic + from me simply for skating to Mozart ::swoon::. Aside from that, their flow and grace on the ice is beautiful to watch. They still have a lot of work to do if they want to land on the podium at Worlds, but they're definitely on track to do just that.

Their Pink Floyd FD while still in Juniors remains my favorite FD for them - I wish they could bring it back as an exhibition as it was FAB.

Now it's time for the Men and to see how ridonkulously Kovtun will be overscored on PCS for his craptastic FS.

I just burst out laughing when I saw the word "ridonkulously." :laugh::rofl:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker