2014 Trophée Eric Bompard Free Dance 11/22 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2014 Trophée Eric Bompard Free Dance 11/22

Sackie

Medalist
Wow that score does put them in the running for a world medal. So far it looks like the judges are liking C/B for gold and P/C for silver. When was the last time we saw a dance team go from outside the top ten to be in the hunt for medals within 1 year!

viennaskater

Medalist
Why was this team left home and not in Sochi? I'm sure they weren't this good but they sure were better then the 2nd French team they sent.

I think at that time they were not ready - they've improved immeasurably in the few months they've been training in Montreal.

They were so good, it was hypnotic.

:love: Papadakis and Cizeron! :love: I am so thrilled for them!!! I can't wait to see how the GPF and Worlds shake out this year!!! :popcorn:

And congratulations once again to Marie-France, Patch, and Roman! Their skaters have some exquisite programs this year, imo.

Cyn

On the Ice
Why was this team left home and not in Sochi? I'm sure they weren't this good but they sure were better then the 2nd French team they sent.

I can't remember all of the details, but two words should sum it up -- Didier Gailhaguet. The filter will block out the accurate words I would use to describe what he did, but suffice it to say, they got "coitussed" (™ Sheldon Cooper) by his BS.

Sackie

Medalist
If W/P don't skate lights out next week and score 103-4 next week I fear they will be out of the medals come worlds.

TryMeLater

On the Ice
Wow that score does put them in the running for a world medal. So far it looks like the judges are liking C/B for gold and P/C for silver. When was the last time we saw a dance team go from outside the top ten to be in the hunt for medals within 1 year!

Don't forget you also have C/L and W/P.
It's far from over.
Anyway, it's no surprise that they are in the hunt for medals-practically every commentator said this last year...

slider11

Medalist
Let's see the composition of the judging panel at the NHK. It seems there is quite a shift from GP to GP as to how high or liberal panels score. As long as Weaver and Poje are in the 100-104 range with their FD they are still in the top 3 mix. The GPFs will be very exciting!

Sackie

Medalist
I don't think C/L will be factors this year. I think they got their reward last year. Also starting to think W/P's silver last year was also their reward for years of service and now they are moving on to others. C/L should have retired while they were on top. Was hoping W/P might have stayed in for a shot at the title but now I don't see that happening. Think the next few years it is going to be a back and forth between C/B and P/C. It is interesting how these two teams have both jumped up once they became the top team for their country.

thoakun

Final Flight
All of favorable impression of W/W and S/H in pairs have been wiped away by P/C's serene and sensual FD. I feel like I'm peeping a compelling, precious erotic scene:shocked:. I read a comment that their FD was inspired by the ballet Le Parc and I can definitely see that.

Last edited:

Mao88

Record Breaker
Last edited:

Ophelia

Record Breaker
I still don't get why people like this dance so much honestly. It's good, but I don't see anything special about it. Deserved win of course :)

The program is exquisite (this is coming from someone who usually snoozes through Ice Dance or avoids it). The music selection is beautiful and the choreography is spectacular - supreme elegance. It's modern dance on ice. Everything flows together. For me, this FD represents what ice dance should be.

MarieM

On the Ice
The program is exquisite (this is coming from someone who usually snoozes through Ice Dance or avoids it). The music selection is beautiful and the choreography is spectacular - supreme elegance. It's modern dance on ice. Everything flows together. For me, this FD represents what ice dance should be.

And that ice dance should have always been. But what do you expect after 6 boring years of Zueva who knows nothing of what real choreography is.
With that kind of program, the ones K&Camerlengo are doing to, I do have high hopes MY discipline gets back on track very quickly. Because I felt cheated of it since the retirement of the 2002 generation.

Sackie

Medalist
So now we have a pretty good idea who will make the GPF - it looks like 2 USA, 2 CAN, 1 FRA and 1 GBR.
The only way this would change would be if C/B do not get 2nd in Japan. Can't see it happening but if it does then it would be a RUS team.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Why are people worried so much about W/P? I don't think they are coming down, they will just have to fight against more teams, but they still contenders for the World title!

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
So now we have a pretty good idea who will make the GPF - it looks like 2 USA, 2 CAN, 1 FRA and 1 GBR.
The only way this would change would be if C/B do not get 2nd in Japan. Can't see it happening but if it does then it would be a RUS team.

Yes. And Top 3 is also obvious.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Kind of sad to see the "russian demise"; The French could really challenge Chock and BAtes for Gold; W andP still have a shot. I finally figured out what Ice Dance randomly was last - the only real French hope for a gold or medal I guess. Does that mean in Japan it will be the men's last? LOL

Ophelia

Record Breaker
And that ice dance should have always been. But what do you expect after 6 boring years of Zueva who knows nothing of what real choreography is.
With that kind of program, the ones K&Camerlengo are doing to, I do have high hopes MY discipline gets back on track very quickly. Because I felt cheated of it since the retirement of the 2002 generation.

Zoueva's programs strikes me as as very commercial (bordering on cheesy). P/C's FD is more in the avant-grade territory. They're French, what can I say?