2014 Trophée Eric Bompard Mens FS 11/22 | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2014 Trophée Eric Bompard Mens FS 11/22

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
U2's "Beautiful Day" playing after the men's medal ceremony. OK, then.

I'm actually happy for Kovtun, though. I like him.

Elen2702

Rinkside
Since I can't find any stream, and I'm relying on your comments to follow, here's a stupid question:
Is the name Adian another form for the name Adrian, or is it something different altogether?

Adian -its not typical Russian name. I"ve never heard this name before. They say its name of his grandfather.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I am devastated for Menshov. But to be frankly I find this competition so amusing. I mean seriously what is going with you guys? The ladies were so good. And the men... Disappointing overall.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
I am devastated for Menshov. But to be frankly I find this competition so amusing. I mean seriously what is going with you guys? The ladies were so good. And the men... Disappointing overall.

I predicted Menshov for bronze. :( I liked him ever since Euros this year.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
I wish a clean FS from Denis this season because I love the choreography and interpretation. I somehow remember how much I wanted clean programs from Lambiel just to watch them a hundred times after (that La traviata program should have been perfect) :laugh:

chairmanmao

Final Flight
Not the medal I was expecting but I'm very intrigue by that 4T-3T from Denis. It seems he's working on upping the ante this season. Two quads and two 3A would firmly put him along side Machida, Javi and Hanyu.

Redstone

Rinkside
To be frankly he should have gotten the bronze over Ten IMHO.

Being an OG medalsts gives you some extra points (I like Denis very much).
Adian -its not typical Russian name. I"ve never heard this name before. They say its name of his grandfather.
I googled it awhile ago. It's a Kalmyk name, it means "sun". I see nothing Asian in Adian though/

Meoima

Match Penalty
ITA. At least Kostya fights for it when he makes mistakes (sometimes shooting himself in the foot)...I didn't get that from Denis at all.
Denis, huh... I don't remember him fighting for it when he made mistakes either. He's the like of if it's good it's really good. But one mistake then the downfall.
Poor Menshov... :cry:

bartlebooth

Record Breaker

Thank you for your answer, Elen2702.
malif explained that Adian is a Kalmyk name, meaning "sun"
Adian belongs to Kalmyk nation, a mongolian people living in the south of Russia. In their language his name means "sun", they say.
It struck me as an unusual name, therefore I asked my question.
So, he's named after his grandfather? We have this custom here in Italy, too.

Last edited:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I am very glad that Max Kovtun could win it being an underdog after the SP. This should boost his self confidence which was sort of an issue after CoC. I like his skating more and more. It is different partially because he looks taller than everyone else. Then he skates "bigger". I wonder what is his height these days.

Last edited:

adelia

Record Breaker
TAT's voodoo curse?

Elen2702

Rinkside
I can understand, I also don't like all of the commentators in my country.

Completely agree with you. In Russia figure skating is very popular, but commentators annoy me terribly. I have the feeling that they are not in the subject and talking nonsense. I really liked the commentator on Eurosport2 - Zurankov