2014-2015 GPF Pairs Short Program 12/11 | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 GPF Pairs Short Program 12/11

rollerblade

Record Breaker
This is the link I'm using for the BESp stream, so far there's no cutting away to soccer or stuff. Quality is good enough (see screenshot).

Did have to close one ad, but it was an obvious one - when you mouseover the right [x], cursor changed from finger to arrow. No problem running it with 2 monitors, one for stream, the other for forum. :p

Last edited:

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight
Sorry to fans, but I don't like the system "you don't need great interpretation and original choreography just do lutz and you will be on first by far" . Yes Meagan and Eric deserved the first, but S/H didn't deserve 8 point difference between 1st and 2nd. Personally I like S/H much more.

I love Sui and Han a lot too...but unfortunately, I did see some empty spots/pause in their skating/choreography! Megan and Eric ...:love: Sorry, they don't look like ballerinas ... but I love them! Like someone said, it is a sport...an intense one for that matter too!

Krunchii

Record Breaker
I'm surprised that S/K didn't get higher PCS than D/R =S placements are correct however and D/R aren't exactly the strongest in FS, we'll see it all goes down later on, I'm hoping K/S will make a comeback

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Duhamel/Radford may have the SBS 3Lz, but their twist and throw are nowhere near as big or impressive as teams like Sui/Han or Peng/Zhang (and on the twist, they're worse than Stolbova/Klimov too). That's why I want to see the protocols--I'll sleep easy if I know the judges at least gave them lower GOEs on those. :p

Even with a badly choreographed program, I'd still give S/K better PCS than D/R because of their speed and lines. D/R probably do deserve to be leading overall based on the first mark though. I think S/K will skate a cleaner free, but at NHK D/R still pulled huge marks with a messy free. :slink:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
He said D/R were very good, but it was their maximum. S/K have new elements they didn't include this season, so they're gonna beating them effortlessly in the future :dance: He's very happy with scores S/K got. And still he doesn't understand how D/R got higher TR.

Thank you so much!

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
I much preferred S/K to D/R to be honest. Just personal preference I guess.

Me too. Actually, when I look at Eric he is not that bad, has good interpretation, but unfortunately I still have the feeling ,that Meagan skates with music somewhere really far from the ice rink.
My placement is like this: 1. Stolbova/Klimov, 2.Duhamel/Radford, 3.Sui/Han (with smaller gap between them and D/R), 4.Yu/Jin, 5.Peng/Zhang, 6.Kawaguti/Smirnov(I really really hope they will have a great FP).

bramweld

Record Breaker
I just can't get into D/R. S/K have much better skating skills and should get higher PCS by far.

There is no connection to their music whatsoever with D/R. But to be honest can we say that S/K are that much better in that regard? The placements are fine. The LP will determine everything. Really liked the chinese pair in third.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
I'm watching it in my computer and checking the forum on my cellphone ;) . Or use another computer to check the forum.

I'm medieval, haven't got a smartphone (and no money being a poor student). So far it's working, but I'm afraid to move my mouse cursor between the two screens...:drama:

beki

Medalist
I think Trankov is probably right. But I would say it's a big accomplishment for D/R to put their maximum out in competition. Some people never manage it.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
All the streams are so choppy it's pretty hard to get a real sense of the programs, but the placements seem spot on. K/S, you break my heart. I think they have the best free of any of the pairs this year, so I hope they skate it as well as they can.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I think D/R performed the best they can and deserve their lead. They have worked hard the TES but I still think on the PCS they have room for improvement. I wouldn't have them first in PCS. S/K just looked so assured and confident, costumes are odd though, they should have the edge in the free. I wonder is Yuko ok? She looked a bit down in the K&C.

A total of 12 pairs skated today and 9 of them came from China and Russia, no doubt where the strength in Pairs lies.