2014-2015 GPF Pairs Short Program 12/11 | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 GPF Pairs Short Program 12/11

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Sorry to fans, but I don't like the system "you don't need great interpretation and original choreography just do lutz and you will be on first by far" . Yes Meagan and Eric deserved the first, but S/H didn't deserve 8 point difference between 1st and 2nd. Personally I like S/H much more.

Blame the judges, PCS is just a reputation mark now

D/R don't match at all, sometimes I do wish Eric had a more artistic partner and I guess they work with what they have

Scovies

Final Flight
I'd have had S/K with higher PCS than that (at least compared to D/R), but otherwise I agree with the placements. Aside from K/S, that was a really enjoyable set of short programs.

Icey

Record Breaker
D/R were also very close to each other when they did their jump. One couple was so far apart they were at the ends of my computer screen.

MalAssada

Medalist
sequinsgalore, disable Hola in GoldenSkate. If that doesn't work, try choosing Australia for GS too :unsure:

xabia

On the Ice
I much preferred S/K to D/R to be honest. Just personal preference I guess.

I agree - there's no comparison. D/R don't look right together - the height difference is too much and she isn't elegant compared to Stolbova.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Any Russian speakers listening to Trankov on Eurosport? I would love to know what he had to say.

He said D/R were very good, but it was their maximum. S/K have new elements they didn't include this season, so they're gonna beating them effortlessly in the future :dance: He's very happy with scores S/K got. And still he doesn't understand how D/R got higher TR.

Last edited:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just can't get into D/R. S/K have much better skating skills and should get higher PCS by far.

lyndichee

Medalist
I've always like Stolbova way more than Klimov.

D/R are odd but I think that's the best pair you can get in Canada. I love how they push on the technical but I hope to see something more artistic by 2018. They almost didn't want to continue competing but then they tried the quad sal and thought there was more to achieve. I hope their next goal isn't a new technical element but cohensiveness.

Last edited:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
He said D/R were very good, but it was their maximum. S/K have new elements they didn't include this season, so they're gonna beating them effortlessly in the future :dance: He's very happy with scores S/K got.

Trankov is so brash :laugh::thumbsup:

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
Hi, Australia's good, but it keeps switching to Brazil when I go to read GoldenSkate (I use two screens, same computer). Any ideas?

I'm watching it in my computer and checking the forum on my cellphone ;) . Or use another computer to check the forum.

LisaM

Medalist
I agree - there's no comparison. D/R don't look right together - the height difference is too much and she isn't elegant compared to Stolbova.

I didn't really notice the height difference as much, but S/K just seem to really work together and ..not balance each other out, but lift each other to bigger heights? Sounds cheesy but you know. I see two individuals skating together in D/R, not more. Technically they're great but that's all in my opinion, and it's not enough.