2014-2015 JGPF Ladies Free Skate 12/12 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 JGPF Ladies Free Skate 12/12

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Thanks sequinsgalore for your PBPs :)
I noticed - and it was confirmed in the judges' scores - that Miyu NAKASHIO did 4 sequences in her program:
2A+3T+2T
3S+2A+SEQ
3F+REP
3T+2T
... and I didn't understand why she didn't get 0 points for the 3T+2T. Does someone have an explanation for me? Did the rules change? Or is there something different to the seniors? Does repeating a triple, the flip here, no longer automatically count as a jump sequence even if there's no other jump right after it? ("+REP")

Yes. The jump is now scored at 70 percent (like a sequence) as base value cause it wasn't a combo, but no, it no longer counts as a combo. So you see REP instead of Combo.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
thanks! just trying to get up to speed asap for this new season... ;)

yyyskate

Record Breaker
checked wakaba's protocol, she only get level 3 step sequence and lv3 fly camel spin. I wish she can achieve lv4 next time, and please stable your flip edge. Wakababy :cheer::cheer2:

MIM

Medalist
I think Evgenia said something inappropriate when she got into the Kiss and Cry area. You can't hear her speaking, but you can hear Dudakov going "Don't!" and Eteri saying "Camera!":laugh: Evgenia is not about to become a boring ice princess, that's for sure.
You think so? To me, she looked really excited and was about to explain with her arms about one of her jumps that she thought she might not be able to land but did land. There was not enough space and Eteri warned her to watch out the camera?? Idk. it is all because of the tiny small space for the k&c. :biggrin:

Meoima

Match Penalty
checked wakaba's protocol, she only get level 3 step sequence and lv3 fly camel spin. I wish she can achieve lv4 next time, and please stable your flip edge. Wakababy :cheer::cheer2:
This lady has the potential to pull a 3A in the future. :)

MalAssada

Medalist
I absolutely adored him telling the poses for photos. "Kiss! Another kiss! I don't want a smile (I think it was smile), I want a kiss! Now clap, everyone!" I burst out laughing.

Noolan

On the Ice
You think so? To me, she looked really excited and was about to explain with her arms about one of her jumps that she thought she might not be able to land but did land.
From what I could hear she was talking about her skating in the second half of the program and said something inappropriate while actually describing her own skating :laugh: Something along the lines of "I was like "I don't give a cr..p anymore"". She even apologised to the camera after Eteri pointed it out :laugh: You can't hear it very well though, so hopefully she gets away with it.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
These girls have been fun to watch all season. I really wish Elisabet Turzynnbaeva would have made it to GPF and I wanted Yuka to podium but Wakaba has such a good FS and she is fun to watch so I'm cool with that. I'm looking forward to JWC.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I absolutely adored him telling the poses for photos. "Kiss! Another kiss! I don't want a smile (I think it was smile), I want a kiss! Now clap, everyone!" I burst out laughing.

Literally, when he said, "kiss!!" I was like, "What???" LOLOLOL!!!!

And "If you are able to stay in your seats all day. If you can't...."

He's trying to make it fun for people of all ages! I like that!! There should be more announcers like him!

MIM

Medalist
From what I could hear she was talking about her skating in the second half of the program and said something inappropriate while actually describing her own skating :laugh: Something along the lines of "I was like "I don't give a cr..p anymore"". She even apologised to the camera after Eteri pointed it out :laugh: You can't hear it very well though, so hopefully she gets away with it.
Lol I am bursting out!! Evgenia! You mischievous girl!! :laugh2: it must not be a boring job to be a coach for this girl.

xabia

On the Ice
Wakaba was the most enjoyable to watch. She's got one helluva future. How old do you have to be to skate seniors?

rollerblade

Record Breaker
14, I think, for senior GP. Radionova was there last year, wasn't she? [edit: Nvm, I see they changed the rule again.]

And yes I think the 'tano everything is tiresome. None of Serafima's 'tano triples are perfect, I'd rather see her do a normal jump than a tilted off axis tanos with pitched forward landing.

I'll have to learn to pronounce Medvedeva for next year. Her last name is such a tongue twister. Fingers twister too!

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Wakaba was the most enjoyable to watch. She's got one helluva future. How old do you have to be to skate seniors?
She is just 13 so... 2 more years. :p
They don't allow junior to join senior GP anymore IIRC.

NaVi

Medalist
Weird how unhappy Eteri looks after the win. It's almost like she'd rather have Sima take the gold.:eek:hwell:

I noticed that too... this is just a long shot guess but since Evgenia broke the junior SP record maybe she was hoping Evgenia would break the junior total score record.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think they upped the age to 15 to skate as a senior now. And no more being a senior on GP and skating in the JWC.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Weird how unhappy Eteri looks after the win. It's almost like she'd rather have Sima take the gold.:eek:hwell:

I truly would not read much into this. She could have been thinking about any number of things, or just have 'resting ***** face'. She could just be tired. She could still have been upset about whatever Evgenia said in front of the camera. Her mother could have just died. I am sure if Evgenia doubted Etri's commitment to her and her skating, she'd leave Etri. Any Russian coach would be glad to have her. And evenif Etri subconsciously or consciously prefers Serefima, she's still 100% helping Evgenia get the results, so what does it really matter in a sense?

NaVi

Medalist
I think they upped the age to 15 to skate as a senior now. And no more being a senior on GP and skating in the JWC.

Good rules IMO... but I do have to wonder if Yulia would have been prepared for the Olympics if she had only done one senior GP.

I hadn't heard the 2nd rule... if you happen to come back to this thread, do you have a link detailing the rule about JWC and skating in the senior GP?