2015 Four Continents Pairs Free Skate Feb 13 Seoul Time | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2015 Four Continents Pairs Free Skate Feb 13 Seoul Time

tulosai

Record Breaker
I laughed and feared at the same time. That was so awkward, but seriously, every time he lifts her, it looks hard. Do they not have enough of a height differential?

What is his history?

LOL. Actually they just scare me. I keep expecting some calamity with them.

I do want to clarify I did not laugh till it was over and she was down. I would not have thought it was funny if something bad did happen.

His history is he was always a poor lifter but his last partner was MUCH too tall for him, so a lot of us (me included) chalked it up to that. Turns out he can't lift someone who's 4'10" either though. They need to figure out as a team what's going on and what if anything to do to fix it. Quite honestly if it can't improve I think she has to switch partners again... but this is still relatively early days.

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I thought everybody had learned to keep seated in the KnC until the camera left, but here's #7! The coach didn't even care when Kirsten looked over, he was just like "I'm outtie"

:laugh2:

Yeah, nobody told him to sit back down, or maybe he was just like, "Whatever... peace out."

pandatours

On the Ice
I feel like they need to be repackaged. Kirsten with Michael now needs a new and original look.

Agreed. TSL made a good point that at this point it looks like Kirsten just copied and pasted Michael into what her and Dylan looked like and would have done. Though I'd like to think Dylan wouldn't have worn that awkward cutout outfit. But it's true that they are solid but bring nothing to the table other than that. Also Michael's posture during lifts worries me intensely

I know it must suck for Dylan and Kirsten to see lower scores than they're used to but it so clearly bothers Kirsten more and watching her trying to play it cool is so so awkward. You can feel the anxiety radiating off her, which I think has to do with the fact that they've had more international outings but not much improvement. I hope next season is better

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I thought everybody had learned to keep seated in the KnC until the camera left, but here's #7! The coach didn't even care when Kirsten looked over, he was just like "I'm outtie"

:laugh2:

LOL--I was thinking of you when I saw that! :) Maybe he and Krylova have a lunch date or something ;)

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Not sure but I think it might be a reference to basically aim for the top

Ah, just clumsy English. I thought it was a reference to something specific that I had missed due to not seeing Canadian Nationals.

Right, time for some breakfast!

CaroLiza_fan

waterblades

On the Ice
Lubov & Dylan are my new favourite pair they sure have great chemisty! I can't wait to see what they do at worlds they are so much better then at Nationals.

They are also looking for help for training costs as they don't qualify for full funding. If you love them as much as I do please help them out, you can donate whatever you want not just the reward suggestions.

https://www.pursu.it/pursuit/campaign/102

GF2445

Record Breaker
Someone needs to inject some power and aggression into Michael. Needs to lead the pair team better.
Im not trying to be sexist by saying that the man has to lead but it feels like he is being trampled by Kirsten on the ice.

peg

Medalist
I do want to clarify I did not lagh till it was over and she was down. I would not have thought it was funny if something bad did happen.

His history is he was always a poor lifter but his last partner was MUCH too tall for him, so a lot of us (me included) chalked it up to that. Turns out he can't lift someone who's 4'10" either though. They need to figure out as a team what's going on and what if anything to do to fix it. Quite honestly if it can't improve I think she has to switch partners again... but this is still relatively early days.

Part of doing lifts well, especially getting them up, is a timing issue. If you miss the timing, you have to use sheer muscle, which Michael has less of than Dylan, so he can't hide little problems of timing. But I think if they improve the timing (which hopefully they will as they gel as a team) the lifts should improve too.

pandatours

On the Ice
Someone needs to inject some power and aggression into Michael. Needs to lead the pair team better.
Im not trying to be sexist by saying that the man has to lead but it feels like he is being trampled by Kirsten on the ice.

He definitely skates with less confidence and Kirsten is the powerhouse in that pair. Honestly I don't really know what he brings to this partnership, though I guess his mellow nature is helpful when Kirsten is high strung. He definitely needs to bulk up/gain upper body strength though.

Tanka

On the Ice
Lubov's makeup looked scary for me. I hope it was just my screen.
Lubov and Dylan did well for a new pair. Does Canada have enough spots for the Worlds for them?

I liked Kirsten a year ago and could hardly recognize her now. :( Kirsten and her new partner were so concentrated on elements that almost forgot about the program.

rain

Record Breaker
Part of doing lifts well, especially getting them up, is a timing issue. If you miss the timing, you have to use sheer muscle, which Michael has less of than Dylan, so he can't hide little problems of timing. But I think if they improve the timing (which hopefully they will as they gel as a team) the lifts should improve too.

Right now their lifts are terrifying though, and in pairs they are big point items, so it's a problem.

And yeah, whoever said they need to be repackaged so they don't just look like a poorer version of Moore-Towers/Moscovitch is right on the money. The very direct comparison does them no favours.

peg

Medalist
Lubov & Dylan are my new favourite pair they sure have great chemisty! I can't wait to see what they do at worlds they are so much better then at Nationals.

They are also looking for help for training costs as they don't qualify for full funding. If you love them as much as I do please help them out, you can donate whatever you want not just the reward suggestions.

https://www.pursu.it/pursuit/campaign/102

I love this team too! Still lots to work on, especially timing and her SBS jumps, but they are a real treat to watch. I also like how they've really developed a style that's unique to them, rather than Dylan simply plugging her into Kirsten's place. It's a real partnership where they both bring something to it. And Dylan has become much more elegant.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I think he should work on becoming a better lifter, getting more consistency on his jumps, and not throwing her tilted. That'll do them more good than getting a personality change to adhere to gender roles.

sses1

On the Ice
Right now their lifts are terrifying though, and in pairs they are big point items, so it's a problem.

And yeah, whoever said they need to be repackaged so they don't just look like a poorer version of Moore-Towers/Moscovitch is right on the money. The very direct comparison does them no favours.

I don't think their team is very smart. . . . Kirsten is probably going to keep doing what she wants to do and no one will stop her.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Lubov and Dylan did well for a new pair. Does Canada have enough spots for the Worlds for them?

I liked Kirsten a year ago and could hardly recognize her now. :( Kirsten and her new partner were so concentrated on elements that almost forgot about the program.

It was not your screen. Something went wrong today in the dressing room. Choices were made.

I really like them, though. I love her lift positions :love:

peg

Medalist

Yes, Canada has three spots at Worlds, and Lubov and Dylan came second at Nationals, so they will be at Worlds. Kirtsen and Michael came fourth at Nationals, so they will not be there.

And yes, the make-up was bad. i thought she had a fever or something and was worried for them

Last edited: