2015 Worlds Ladies Free Skate March 28 | Page 38 | Golden Skate

2015 Worlds Ladies Free Skate March 28

elee63

Final Flight
I think So Youn 's problem is that she is trying to look and skate like Yuna but a copycat will never be better than the original. She needs to create her own persona.
I do agree that she is a lovely skater though.

You people with your "copycat" comments. Kim, while having lovely arms, and upper body movement, wasn't as balletic in her movements. Park is trained in ballet, her mother is a dance instructor at that. Kim skated with musicality and power, even through her softer pieces.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
ermm if anyone succeeded to copy YUNA, i'd say good for them… and enjoy it :) nothing wrong with that. i mean… everyone is copying lutz, axel, salchow, bielmann lol :) :) sometimes i wonder if there is a mister flip hanging out somewhere ;)

Mangomango

On the Ice
Just wondering.. Don't you guys think it's unfair if Gracie Gold gets 8s in PCS while Soyoun is stuck with 6s?

elee63

Final Flight
Interesting comment. I wonder if culturally it is harder for SY to adopt an individual identity in Korean Skating, than say the US where it seems no one wants to look the same. Food for thought.
Wilson choreographing both her programs doesn't help :p

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Hah? I'm no fan of Sotnikova, but she skates Rondo WAYYY better than SoYoun. SoYoun skates Rondo like she's skating to Tchaikovsky's Waltz of the Flowers.
Nope, I disagree with you. she skated the soft delicate part of Rondo really well in the beginning according to music, toward the fierce end, she is weaker, but in her best attemt, korean national she has attack and commitment,really good, skate america was good as well.
I prefer her Rondo much much better!

ks777

Record Breaker
You people with your "copycat" comments. Kim, while having lovely arms, and upper body movement, wasn't as balletic in her movements. Park is trained in ballet, her mother is a dance instructor at that. Kim skated with musicality and power, even through her softer pieces.
you people? what kinda people am I?

taltaltel

On the Ice
Just wondering.. Don't you guys think it's unfair if Gracie Gold gets 8s in PCS while Soyoun is stuck with 6s?

Yes. But Gracie has been getting inflated scores the whole season, so I wouldn't be surprised if she gets 120+ here with an ugly performance here too.

gimble

On the Ice
No matter how (poorly) groups 3 and 4 skaters skate, their PCS will be way higher than the first/second group skaters right?

My SO stopped following/watching figure skating after the PCS walls were erected...

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I am stone. Emotions crash over me like waves on a rock. I feel nothing. I watch with indifference. Zen. Ommmmmm ommmmmmmm