2015 Worlds Gala Exhibition March 29 | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2015 Worlds Gala Exhibition March 29

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Seamless, beautiful, truly two skating as one. :love: I know they're not gold medallists, but I wish they could've broken protocol this time and let these retiring legends close out the show.

(Though I must say... they really skated to "I dreamed a dream too"? Okay, Zijun shouldn't have done it, and I mean it this time. :p)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Actually at the press conference for this event (Worlds), Cinquanta said "In June they will decide whether to include synchronized skating or not,""If the IOC says it is too expensive, then this will be taken away by us, and we will see what is possible to be done by us in order to obtain this addition."

Oh, please excuse my ignorance. Thank you for the update :).

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i think the main issue for IOC is not money... it's the fact that the sport isn't globally practiced... it's popular in 4 or 5 countries... to be an Olympic sport, it requires much more than that..
Actually at the press conference for this event (Worlds), Cinquanta said "In June they will decide whether to include synchronized skating or not,""If the IOC says it is too expensive, then this will be taken away by us, and we will see what is possible to be done by us in order to obtain this addition."

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I haven't seen her fall out of a spin all year. :shocked: But not surprising considering the weird mistakes we've seen all gala.

swurvestar

Rinkside
actually i was talking about music. nothing else. it's a term that probably shouldn't be used fine. i wasn't labeling your post as sexist as i read it with humour but showing how people can read anything in this forum and give it a bad intention. i am not sexist nor a jerk.. and i don't deserve this anger, especially after taking the time to explain my post carefully.

Not to pile on, but your explanation still doesn't show how your comments were not inappropriate. You don't seem to be understanding what others are trying to explain to you. Obviously, you can make jokes or say whatever you want, that's your prerogative, but you can't get angry at people who are trying to tell you why your particular brand of humor is offensive to people. I'll just leave it at that. Now back to gala.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
if i didn't understand i wouldn't have rapidly admitted the word was a wrong choice.
Not to pile on, but your explanation still doesn't show how your comments were not inappropriate. You don't seem to be understanding what others are trying to explain to you. Obviously, you can make jokes or say whatever you want, that's your prerogative, but you can't get angry at people who are trying to tell you why your particular brand of humor is offensive to people. I'll just leave it at that. Now back to gala.

chezzu

On the Ice
I haven't seen her fall out of a spin all year. :shocked: But not surprising considering the weird mistakes we've seen all gala.

If I watched correctly, she fell out of the spin to fix her dress because it was slipping off.

lady_bee

Medalist
Am I the only one who is not comfortable watching moon(s) on Ice? (Maybe because I am a mother of two young boys...)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
If I watched correctly, she fell out of the spin to fix her dress because it was slipping off.
I see. That... wouldn't surprise me. :slink: I even posted a while ago--she can't skate her competitive programs in that dress because it's a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen when she goes for Biellmann. Looks like I was right.