2015 Nebelhorn Trophy General Chat | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2015 Nebelhorn Trophy General Chat

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I'm trying to watch the JGP and the FEI Nations cup final (show jumping) and this event at the same time, which is a bit... difficult, but I'm glad I got to see Volosozhar/Trankov again. I agree, though, it looked a bit shaky. I really like the program, though, and hope to see it plenty more times this season!

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
I don't think they've EVER gotten a score like that! And some people are just so rude here...

moriel

Record Breaker
I'm trying to watch the JGP and the FEI Nations cup final (show jumping) and this event at the same time, which is a bit... difficult, but I'm glad I got to see Volosozhar/Trankov again. I agree, though, it looked a bit shaky. I really like the program, though, and hope to see it plenty more times this season!

Well, Nebelhorn Trophy 2012, they got 65.24 for the short.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
I can't wait to read all the anti-Russian conspiracies that will no doubt pop up.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
This is not a tragedy honestly. That's what these early competitions for. They'll get better.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
I don't think they've EVER gotten a score like that! And some people are just so rude here...

Well, Nebelhorn Trophy 2012, they got 65.24 for the short.
And 57.91 at Nebelhorn Trophy 2011 - missed a lift, had a mistake on their 3 toe, and a smaller one on the 3 flip throw I believe. The Olympic seaon was the only one where they started the season in top form at Nebelhorn.

Last edited:

Arawen

Final Flight
Max just came back from an injury and we all know how nervous he can be, can´t believe people are laughing here.

Layback11

Record Breaker
I wonder if anybody had told Ruben Blommaert in advance he'd end up less than four points behind them, if he would've believed it... :laugh:

He probably would've fallen over and died on the spot.

Which would be very sad, as we'd have missed that awesome program! They were my favorites (of who I saw, which was only the first group). I think this will make for good conversation in the V/T vs Current field thread. If anything good comes of it, it'll be that.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I think this is a positive expirience for them. They should work harder, no one is going to hand them gold medals for their past achievements. And sooner they will understand that, sooner they'll be on top again.

And it seems like everyone forgotten that Max had a surgery on his shoulder, he actually comes back after the difficult injury. I excpected higher score, but this is for the best. Their FP will be much better, they're not going to be this nervous for sure.

And 6.25 for Skating Skills. Like, seriously? They re NOT juniors.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
V/T have excuse that they are coming back after a hiatus which is always difficult. But what is S/K's excuse for such an underwhelming performance?

FSGMT

Record Breaker
My congratulations to these judges who finally had the courage to give V/T exactly the score they deserve (both technically and artistically), not more and not less :shocked: One of the best judging cases I've seen in the last competitions... *shocked*

Sorrento

Record Breaker
My stream from dailymotion seems to be dead (after Pairs it went off). Where else do you watch guys?

Alex D

Record Breaker
Its a pity that Julianne and Chris didn't come clean, they are such a charming pair. The mistake on the Sal cost them the podium.