Who will make it to the JGP final? | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Who will make it to the JGP final?

hanca

Record Breaker
I told this 3 weeks ago and now it has happen. So, hopefully Sima and Diana will be fit to skate next week because Russia doesn't have any substitutes at Croatia. Poorly played by Russian Fed.

Poorly played by Russian federation? Why is that? Is it their fault that Proklova is not ready?

The Finn

Record Breaker
Poorly played by Russian federation? Why is that? Is it their fault that Proklova is not ready?

It is their job know who is fit who is not and it is most definitely they fault that they don't have any substitutes because Proklova's problems has been known for a long time. It is extremely poorly played that a country which has the widest field of skaters is in a situation where they don't have a single substitute.

Last edited:

hanca

Record Breaker
It is their job know who is fit who is not and it is most definitely they fault that they don't have any substitutes because Proklova's problems has been known for a long time. It is extremely poorly played that a country which has the widest field of skaters is in a situation where they don't have a single substitute.

Well, that just proves that they do their job properly. They put Proklova to last two events to give her the chance to get ready, and when she did not manage to get ready in time, they replaced her. That's what I would expect any federation to do. In regards to them not having anyone as substitute, I think they run out of those they want to consider. That's not their fault either. Kolomiets were supposed to compete last season, but had injury and this season she skates pretty badly. Yushenko had competition about a week or two ago and scored very low. She had an injury just before the season started and it is clear that she is not ready. Kayumova changed coaches and probably decided not to compete at JGP this season (or is not ready) because when someone asked her on her web page which events she is going to do, she replied that none this season. Lozko and Konstantinova have improved but are not considered good enough yet (for Russian standards) and the only skater I think would deserve her spots and I am not sure why she was left our is Alina Solovieva, but the chances are that the federation had some reason. We didn't see how she skated at the junior test skates, so it is possible that she gave them a reason why they left her off the team. So I am really not sure how you can blame Russian federation for not having any substitutes. If they don't think anyone else deserved spot (for their standard), they wouldn't send anyone else. The same way as Chinese federation didn't send more pairs, even though they had more spots.

Last edited:

zebobes

Final Flight
The Men's competition in Logrono is still going on, but to me, it looks like probably only one of Daniel Samohin and Vincent Zhou will make it to the final, depending in Daniel's scores this weekend. If he can outscore Vincent, he will go. Whoever gets the bronze medal this week (currently He Zhang is in this position), if they can get the gold next week, then that person will go to the final.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wow, unexpected turn in the ladies. Assuming the top 3 will remain:

Polina TSURSKAYA - 30 (wins tiebreaker)
Maria SOTSKOVA - 30
Yuna Shirawa -30
Mai MIHARA - 26
Alisa FEDICHKINA -22 (wins tiebreaker)
Kaori SAKAMOTO - 22
---
Dabin CHOI -22
Vivian Le -22

Still to skate
Marin Honda -13
Diana Pervushinka - 9
AND....
Wakaba Higuchi -7 -- If she wins in Crotia, she will edge out Fedichika for the final spot, even if Marin Honda gets on the podium in 2nd or 3rd)

Pippuripihvi

Final Flight
If Wakaba wins and Marin is third with a score of 197.52 and less, then Alisa would still make it to the final, right?

EDIT: No =( Marin has to be 4th

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yuna Shiraiwa has officially qualified. 1st place in both her events. so yep. 30 points=officially qualified. So now there are 3 spots left to be officially claimed.

kalee

On the Ice
Mai is also confirmed right? Because only Marin can potentially get 1-2 at this point, so she will be next in line at 2-2...

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Croatia should be the most difficult JGP to predict for ladies. Surprise! :p

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yuna Shiraiwa has officially qualified. 1st place in both her events. so yep. 30 points=officially qualified. So now there are 3 spots left to be officially claimed.

I'd say it's more like two spots. I think Mai Mihara is pretty safe for spot No. 4 at 26 points. I don't see a scenario where she would be pushed out.

pororocheburashka

On the Ice
Fantasy dream scenario :love:

Brynne MCISAAC
-going to Zagreb (currently she is a substitute) instead of Sarah Nunez or Paige Rydberg
- winning in Zagreb. :bow:

She is in the final.

Anyway -already- congratulations Maoming girl (lady) :) :cheer2:

Last edited:

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Fantasy dream scenario :love:

Brynne MCISAAC
-going to Zagreb (currently she is a substitute) instead of Sarah Nunez or Paige Rydberg
- winning in Zagreb. :bow:

She is in the final.

Anyway -already- congratulations Maoming girl (lady) :) :cheer2:

I actually want that to happen, come to think of it. Which means it won't.

witcher

Match Penalty
JPN Feds may also use their brains and substitute Yura Matsuda (good form) for Wakababy (poor form) in Croatia. :hopelessness:

In such case, Yura getting 2nd place and Marin Honda 3rd will get both Japanese girls through to the final.
Japan wouldn't even have to win last competition to have 4 skaters in GPF! :eek: