2015 Finlandia Trophy Ice Dance SD and FD | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2015 Finlandia Trophy Ice Dance SD and FD

Sackie

Medalist
Hmm.. W/P got 96.54 for today's FD. As a point of comparison, Piper and Paul got a 96.58 last week at Ondrej Nepela for their new FD! Forget about the battle for World #1, it looks like Weaver and Poje have to be watching their back for their Canadian title first!
I know - I was thinking before they skated that they needed to be somewhere around 100pts to be in the running with C/B. At this point C/B are front runners for the World Title, especially since they usually end up scoring higher and higher as the season goes on.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I know - I was thinking before they skated that they needed to be somewhere around 100pts to be in the running with C/B. At this point C/B are front runners for the World Title, especially since they usually end up scoring higher and higher as the season goes on.

Plus Worlds is in Boston. If they can hit the levels and stay on their feet, it's theirs, especially given what we've seen so far.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The one where he was on one foot? Yup, I was terrified he was going to lose his balance then too...

Me too! W/P were boring to me in the smooth first part. (trying to emulate P/C?) They do better in the dramatic parts, but I'm underwhelmed.ion

I like the Danish team. Something about them, maybe it's their connection that I like.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Overall, W/P's FD seemed a bit underwhelming to me - to be honest, it's almost always like that when there has been a lot of talk and hype about something beforehand. But I also know that I tend to like W/P's programs more as the season progresses, and they make improvements to them and start skating them better.

Last edited:

Lota

Record Breaker
Weaver and Poje need to leave that coaching team already they are going nowhere with them, the huge red flag was last year at 4CC to get such low levels for their SD so far out in the season was just ridiculous, and Poje struggling with twizzles don`t know if its a new thing or not.

Sadly, I may just have to agree. I think there was a big craze about Camerlengo/Krylova coaching team in 2012 when they created 2 iconic (at least in my book) programs - W/P's Je Suis Malade and Takahashi's Blues for Klook ( :love: ). But I feel that recently they have run out of ideas :slink: :no:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Yes! I love Maddie and Evan, and their programs this year are really showing different moods and skating.

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
Twizzles have not been this team's friend in the past.

After all the hype of W/P and H/B I am just underwhelmed by both teams.

When the Parsons and M/C get to seniors they'll be the ones to watch and put these teams in the dust. The judges are already sending a message that it's time to go to seniors and giving them a push. That being said, H/B are so much more pleasing to the eye compared to w/p who are BORING and average at best. You can see why judges don't care about them. Overscored for what they put out and sloppy per usual.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Where did the Danes place? I missed the second half of their FS and the scores, and the results page isn't being updated very quickly, it seems.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I have a strong feeling that Dance field this season is going to be like a basin full of sharks because basically no one at this point is as good as a definite leader. Honestly I really feel for all of them- leaders so far and the new teams. This is going to be a battlefield.

robredo40

On the Ice
I think its already in Skate Canada`s plan to make Gilles and Poirier Canada`s number 1 team heading to the olympics in 2018, Weaver and Poje have never really gotten the backing from their federation.

Sadly, I may just have to agree. I think there was a big craze about Camerlengo/Krylova coaching team in 2012 when they created 2 iconic (at least in my book) programs - W/P's Je Suis Malade and Takahashi's Blues for Klook ( :love: ). But I feel that recently they have run out of ideas :slink: :no:

W/P's choreo isn't totally on C/K though. They've had others help with their choreo. Maybe it just hasn't had enough miles to come to life yet.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I think its already in Skate Canada`s plan to make Gilles and Poirier Canada`s number 1 team heading to the olympics in 2018, Weaver and Poje have never really gotten the backing from their federation.

If SC was so into G&P, they would have picked them for the 2014 Olympic team over P&I, I think.

Sackie

Medalist
Anyone know what the final order was? Did the Danes come 2nd or 3rd? The site is not updating anymore.

TMC

Record Breaker
The one where he was on one foot? Yup, I was terrified he was going to lose his balance then too...

Yeah. It was right in front of me & hubby and we both grabbed each other instantly and (near)screamed "oh no" in unison, fully expecting them to fall. That was scary!

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Weaver suffered a shoulder injury this summer I believe so they are probably not as competition ready as they would like. One thing about this team is that their programs evolve over the season and by Worlds it may be amazing.

robredo40

On the Ice
That was the year Blue that Paul Poirier was injured so they had a very late start to the season but this year call me crazy but G&P have the best FD of the entire field , and P&I are down the pitts now.

so where could they go???? we also want the shibs to move out :) and everyone says that D/L have way too many teams (including the Danes I forgot to look at)

I really love D/L/H. But - Just no! I really enjoy some of Montreal's choreography, but with as many teams as they now have, I feel like they're all very similar. I think it might get old fast once the season really gets underway.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
yeah… i don't know how bad the injury was… but every year, as I follow them, their programs get more and more difficult and smoother and smoother with time…. i hope this holds true once again
Weaver suffered a shoulder injury this summer I believe so they are probably not as competition ready as they would like. One thing about this team is that their programs evolve over the season and by Worlds it may be amazing.