2015-16 Grand Prix Final Mens Free Skate | Page 29 | Golden Skate

2015-16 Grand Prix Final Mens Free Skate

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Yeah, it's a pretty outdated system developed in an era where skaters weren't as technical. Nowadays, both ladies and men always have significantly lower PCS than TES(Assuming they skate clean). They used to be weighed around equally and I believe that that was the intention. The situation for ladies isn't nearly as bad but for men scoring 100++ TES is practically mandatory for success.

I agree w this. Jin's TES was so high, but that program was a mess- his jumps, while landed, weren't beautiful and impressive, and he is so far below at least 30 top men in terms of PCS. We have 10-15 men in the US alone who should be above Jin in PCS. We can't have skating devolve to a jump fest and people jump and jump to pile on points, while sacrificing flow, beauty, storytelling, mood, soul.

blackey

On the Ice
someone asked hanyu what's his next plan, hanyu said: I need to practice my step sequence and my English. He is so adorable

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
went for shower and realised during the middle that my initial prediction for Men was PERFECT...and then I changed them in Wednesday

I have a cryfest now, don't disturb :hopelessness:

MIM

Medalist
After the splatfest that was the Jr. Men's event, this was so amazing to watch live on the ISU stream (which was not geoblocked for me during the entire event!).

Junior men is struggling, because LOOK AT WHAT TOP SENIORS are doing at the same event. They need a place to equip/test/hone the 4s to transit into seniors at the cost of a decent/clean junior event. The field gets tougher and more demanding ever!

I was shaking my head in disbelief as Yuzu kept reeling off those jumps and his tech score kept climbing well over 100. How does he do it? Nobody can touch him, and as great as Javi and Shoma were - nobody can touch him right now. Boston is going be insane! Would love to see these three on the World podium, too.

Nobody needs to touch him. He can fly as high and far as he wants. Just stay healthy :)

Bonesfan

On the Ice
Yuzuru's program, with level 4 everything, +3 GOE on everything, perfect 10s in all components, would score 225.79. He scored 6.31 below that. What an phenom.

Nope, level 3 for Step Sequence! Always room for improvement (haha)

blackey

On the Ice
and I really want to say great job brian! yuzu and javier now are the only men have 200+ fp!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Junior men is struggling, because LOOK AT WHAT TOP SENIORS are doing at the same event. They need a place to equip/test/hone the 4s to transit into seniors at the cost of a decent/clean junior event. The field gets tougher and more demanding ever!

I don't think the jr men are struggling that much - it was just one bad competition. Maybe they all peaked a little too early; that's one of the drawbacks of the time gap between the JGP & the final.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
The most impressive thing about Hanyu is not that he repeated NHK, it's that he went after all this amazing skates before him and then repeated NHK.The pressure must have been huuuuuuuuge
:bow:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Now...about that petition to limit quads to hold back TES.....:biggrin:

That wouldn't be good, there's no sense in limiting anything like that. If you can do many of them, you should be rewarded.

PCS's weight should just be increased. Say, increase the factor to 1.2 so that the maximum possible is 120, which currently is close to the max for TES as well.

cashley

Rinkside
I was in the arena this evening watching the men's FP live and wow it was amazing!!!! Started off with Patrick Chan!! Thought he was going to struggle because he popped a lot of jumps in the warm up but wow his performance was just brilliant!!! Then Shoma came along and was just beautiful!! The jumps were there and the whole performance was so so good!! The crowd was just going crazy all through his last spin and you could tell we were all waiting to stand up at the end!! So glad that Javi skated so well in front of a home audience - they loved it!!! They didn't even mind that he came second - a good performance and 200+ was more than enough!!! Then along came Yuzu!!! It was so so great to see him live and he was just in a league of his own!!!

I would agree the crowd was amazing!! Just appreciative of good skating regardless of nationality!!

All in all an amazing event and one I will remember for a long time!!!

HanDomi

Record Breaker
oh Hanyu for the first time said in interview that quad sal is one of his fave jumps right now. I guess that's were the magic on it comes from :biggrin:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I was in the arena this evening watching the men's FP live and wow it was amazing!!!! I would agree the crowd was amazing!! Just appreciative of good skating regardless of nationality!!

All in all an amazing event and one I will remember for a long time!!!
You are such a lucky person! Happy for you!:)

AC96

Rinkside
Nope, level 3 for Step Sequence! Always room for improvement (haha)

I know. The meaning of my original post was that he would score 225.79 assuming he got/gets a level 4 on his StSq with full GOE in a future competition (adding .6 BV and .74 in GOE).

Shayuki

Record Breaker
oh Hanyu for the first time said in interview that quad sal is one of his fave jumps right now. I guess that's were the magic on it comes from :biggrin:
So 2 Quad Sals, 2 Quad Toes, 2 3Axels would be quite possible if he wanted to improve a little~

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Consistent Yuzuru Hanyu = Untouchable let alone beatable. :bow::bow:

MIM

Medalist
I don't think the jr men are struggling that much - it was just one bad competition. Maybe they all peaked a little too early; that's one of the drawbacks of the time gap between the JGP & the final.

Maybe. I didn't follow JGPs this season. But, last year at the final (same schedule) there were very good performances from junior men; Shoma, Sasha, Sota. Not everyone tried quads back then. Maybe including quads at the age of 15-16 makes them vulnerable and inconsistent. Well, it does for every men actually except for those who we saw tonight. ;) I am curious how the next generation men catch up what they achieved today.