2016 Canadian Nationals Senior Women SP | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2016 Canadian Nationals Senior Women SP

andyjo24

Medalist
No, it is too soft.

I'm not US or Canadian, I'm Russian (so will not compare with Russian scores).
But I see that Polina Edmunds got 70.19 for 3Lz+3T, really nice and really solid skating. The same score for 3+2 is out of my mind.

I believe Sotnikova got a similar scote at Russian Nationals. LOL.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
No, it is too soft.

I'm not US or Canadian, I'm Russian (so will not compare with Russian scores).
But I see that Polina Edmunds got 70.19 for 3Lz+3T, really nice and really solid skating. The same score for 3+2 is out of my mind.

You believe one element should determine the TSS and placements?

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I am sure TSN has blocked the daily motion feed, as now they are showing the last group with tons of adds and awful comment. It makes me sick!:palmf:
Class action against TSN!!!

Last edited:
Country
Russia
I believe Sotnikova got a similar scote at Russian Nationals. LOL.
When Sotnikova landed huge, excellent 3T+3T and skated clean - even higher, 37.35 (2013-2014 season). Btw, she got the same TES score (37.15) at Euro that season.
But when her 3T+3T was not so good and fall from 3F - only 33.93 (2015-2016 season).

tulosai

Record Breaker
I think it's safe to say Nationals scores are always absolutely ridiculous. There is no point in arguing over which Nationals has the most ridiculous of all the super ridiculous scores. The only question at Nationals should be if placements are right. Everyone knows Nationals scores are a joke. They might as well just use an ordinals system, that is how big of a joke they are.

In this case to me the question is if Osmond and Chartrand's placements are right. Osmond's score is obviously ridiculous as was Sotnikova's as were certain US scores yesterday. Welcome to Nationals.

Country
Russia
You believe one element should determine the TSS and placements?
Between Edmunds and Osmond - no doubt yes. I know their level.

And not "just one element" but most important element of SP - jump combo.

Btw - not one element but two. Edmunds had StSq Level 4, Osmond Level 3.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
No I don't think so, but what you have to consider here is that a 3lutz-3toe is much more difficult than a 3f-2t

But there was also a 3Lz to a 3Lo, so basically the difference in the 2T to the 3T and a spin level. The question is, is Kaetlyns overall skating/performance enough to make up that difference? And we will need videos for that ;)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Between Edmunds and Osmond - no doubt yes. I know their level.

And not "just one element" but most important element of SP - jump combo.

Btw - not one element but two. Edmunds had StSq Level 4, Osmond Level 3.

I haven't watched Polina's Nationals performance though she seems to be the deserving leader after the SP. She is capable of very high TES on a good day. And I won't compare scores from two different Nationals. But for me there is no comparison in performance between Kaetlyn and Polina.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I've already watched Kaetlyn! She was nice, butt the combi was off, 3F was tilted, so she did 2T in its end. My score would be 58-61 (bonus for 2A and gorgeous Lz)

liv

Record Breaker
Ok, I would have had Alaine in first after watching both of them now. That program is so much more detailed, in my view... I just wish her layback was better...

liv

Record Breaker
Gabi's music lost me after just a few seconds... just does not capture my attention.

kresslia

Medalist
Alaine here scores, like, 1 point higher than she did internationally. Skate Canada doesn't seem to prop her up the way they do Osmond and Daleman. I think she deserves to lead.

People complaining about scores: welcome to Nationals, why even bother complaining? It's so obnoxious. We all already know not to put much stock in the scores.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I think Alaine was robbed! :dev2:

Agreed. Kaetlyn has more quality, but Alaine nailed the big elements and had nice details/transitions in her program (not that Kaetlyn didn't). It's still essentially a tie, so I'm not too miffed about it.

Ashley should take a note from Kaetlyn as to what a 3-2 in the SP can do for you instead of trying to crank out a 3-3 and ending up UR/<< it.

andyjo24

Medalist
Agreed. Kaetlyn has more quality, but Alaine nailed the big elements and had nice details/transitions in her program (not that Kaetlyn didn't). It's still essentially a tie, so I'm not too miffed about it.

Ashley should take a note from Kaetlyn as to what a 3-2 in the SP can do for you instead of trying to crank out a 3-3 and ending up UR/<< it.

But then again, if Ashley only goes for the 3-2, people are going to call her conservative and complain.