Aliona Savchenko & Bruno Massot | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Aliona Savchenko & Bruno Massot

Mattieu

Medalist
Yes, I agree a campaign is needed to get skating back on mainstream TV.
When I talk to ordinary French people, they say they really use to enjoy watching skating, not every day, but now and again, but it is hardly ever on TV nowadays, just the Courchevel gala once a year.
That is what the ISU should be concentrating on, making it a mainstream sport once again.

QuadThrow

Medalist
While this is true, I kind of have a problem with "paying" for being able to compete. It´s like an athlete get´s downgraded to an object, that can be pushed in either direction, depending on the available money. I do know that it is a very common thing in athletics, where athletes get "bought" by Qatar & Co. - so they can compete, I don´t know - it kind of disturbs me.

However, I want to point out that having rules in regards of switching nationalities is important, but Aljona & Bruno did fulfill these rules already, the payment now seems not right to me.

I believe in cases like this you have to leave the fight for justice. It is not worth it to quarrel with the French Federation with the result of loosing one more year. If Bruno would be released he could compete and take part in shows and earn more than 30000euro. In addition everyone would talk about the new pair and their great skating and the f*cking French Federation which had reserved this pair. And the end Didier would be the looser.

Changing countries is a special problem of track and field. Because poor African runners are willing to change country for comparatively a little bit of money. I think concering FS switching countries is sometimes necessary to support athletes careers.

sowcow

On the Ice
Spare just a few minutes (1¾ minutes to be exact) and get to know Aliona Savchenko & Bruno Massot a bit better...

Here's a great interview with S/M from October 2015 in Eissportzentrum Oberstdorf. The video is a bit long (10+ min); however the link below will take you to the start of the best part of the interview (which lasts about 1¾ minutes; from 3:56 - 6:42).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9vR...utu.be&t=3m56s

Enjoy...

iamchrislao

On the Ice
i prefer their euros sp performance than V/T's, sorry. That twist was the best too. This pair is very promising! I hope they win europeans lol! That would be something! :)

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I really hope this team doesn't win Euros. While we are all for fair judging. This team has reaped the benefit of not being Russian. Look at poor Kavaguti and smirnov forget the bad luck with injuries. S and M don't have the unison and such and the judges instantly reward them but at the world level the judges won't really reward three Russian pairs. And Savchenko has gone through a slew of partners at the senior stage in the hope of oly gold which imhio is really about money and one person wanting gold raher than the notion of skating for your country - now it is a country of convenience. I know Savchenko in particular has very loud and passionate supporters but I really wish this team would be scored more down to earth as it should. Massot would even be know but for his partner probably. It would not surprise me if they win a world medal but they aren't that good. They are good but they do not have the chemistry or timing of other teams; they should not be so close to the top teams. But her reputation doesn't hurt. Justice is a funny word. In skating and on this website in particular it depends on who you/we like. I guess we need more medals lol

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
^^ I don't agree with this guy at all, lol. :noshake:

DaPurpleDino

Final Flight
I really hope this team doesn't win Euros. While we are all for fair judging. This team has reaped the benefit of not being Russian. Look at poor Kavaguti and smirnov forget the bad luck with injuries. S and M don't have the unison and such and the judges instantly reward them but at the world level the judges won't really reward three Russian pairs. And Savchenko has gone through a slew of partners at the senior stage in the hope of oly gold which imhio is really about money and one person wanting gold raher than the notion of skating for your country - now it is a country of convenience. I know Savchenko in particular has very loud and passionate supporters but I really wish this team would be scored more down to earth as it should. Massot would even be know but for his partner probably. It would not surprise me if they win a world medal but they aren't that good. They are good but they do not have the chemistry or timing of other teams; they should not be so close to the top teams. But her reputation doesn't hurt. Justice is a funny word. In skating and on this website in particular it depends on who you/we like. I guess we need more medals lol

Ok but which skater is only skating for the sake of their country? Of course they are skating for themselves and every skater wants to win medals so I dont understand why you're making Savchenko seem like such a bad person

kasik8222

Rinkside
Their PCS it's a joke and their LP has no concept. They are better than I thought they would be but fair scoring is needed.

lyndichee

Medalist
That LP was very plain. Also 2 lifts invalidated, choreography clearly interrupted when Bruno messed up the first lift and the amount of telegraphing before throw jumps does not warrant 9's in PCS at all.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
^^ I don't agree with this guy at all, lol. :noshake:
I I don't agree with you at all either so that makes sense lol. But then again sometimes we just don't interpret the same way or comprehend things int he same way. I want to make it clear there is no hate unlike some other posters towards Savchenko - she knows what she wants, she does what she wants, she is bright, talented, ambitious and there is nothing wrong with that. I am not sure I agree or am thrilled with how she treated Robin or how she goes about things but I do think she is a great pairs skater and personality on and off the ice. That being said Bruno does have huge boots to fill. and I am not cjust comparing him to Robin but he technically though physically strong is not as proficient as Aliona including confidence, edges, stroking - he looks almost hesitant and the follower He is not a natural performer but at least Robin had more presence on the ice. I think their pcs are way too high with these issues. But Aliona so wants gold they might doit and with a bit of luck ie injuries sadly to the top three Russian teams right now and the Chinese and a lack of "love" for Duhamel and Radford and let's face it the Americans right now are pretenders well they could win Oly and or world gold.

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
I I don't agree with you at all either so that makes sense lol. But then again sometimes we just don't interpret the same way or comprehend things int he same way. I want to make it clear there is no hate unlike some other posters towards Savchenko - she knows what she wants, she does what she wants, she is bright, talented, ambitious and there is nothing wrong with that. I am not sure I agree or am thrilled with how she treated Robin or how she goes about things but I do think she is a great pairs skater and personality on and off the ice. That being said Bruno does have huge boots to fill. and I am not cjust comparing him to Robin but he technically though physically strong is not as proficient as Aliona including confidence, edges, stroking - he looks almost hesitant and the follower He is not a natural performer but at least Robin had more presence on the ice. I think their pcs are way too high with these issues. But Aliona so wants gold they might doit and with a bit of luck ie injuries sadly to the top three Russian teams right now and the Chinese and a lack of "love" for Duhamel and Radford and let's face it the Americans right now are pretenders well they could win Oly and or world gold.

You need to give them time to fully gel. It's only their first season together, so expect the next ones to be more better. The PCS they received at euros was indeed quite laughable but the judges obviously liked what they saw and are prepared to give them higher marks if Bruno cleans up a bit.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
I have not found any video.

Aliona said they take this competition as a little test since they increased the level of difficulty. Maybe they plan a quadtwist for this evening.

Increased level of difficulty... hope not in lifts :slink: