Aliona Savchenko & Bruno Massot | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Aliona Savchenko & Bruno Massot

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I think they will come to a point where other countries wont release their skaters to France, easy like that... I mean, russia probably will not be soooo eager to release people to france after Zahorski nt getting a release, for example.
I would understand that explanation if they had a deep field, but they don't, and they just want to press Aliona into skating for france instead appearently.

canada has given france a lot ;) their current pair champion Vanessa James for instance… but others too… and Russia has of course contributed to French figure skating a lot too….

I think that Canadians are just generally nice when it comes to this… perhaps the filed is deeper and perhaps there is less investment in the skaters released… there's seems to be free-trade between USA and Canada in terms of ice dance ladies too ;)

finally, when it comes to Russia, I think that they will keep releasing athletes too… it's a way to show how much deeper their field is compared to the rest of the world :) I am actually surprised that they have ever needed to import skaters like for K/S…. especially in pairs… so that shows how much the athletes have gelled together and felt they could reach the top with one another rather than anyone else… interesting when one thinks about this… imo

moriel

Record Breaker
imho, the countries that should "import"/"export" more skaters are the one with less depth of field - its almost impossible to find a partner home, and then it ends up being a sort of a trade - they import a partner for skater A but skater B goes to skate for another country. Not just hoard whatever they can hoard: as there is no deep field, Bruno may just not have a suitable partner in France, and then french responsability here is not to force Bruno to stay in France no matter what, but to actually train a lady that could skate with him, or find one somewhere else. If they failed to do that, its kinda not nice to keep him in France, as they are basically wasting whatever they invested in him as he is not skating.

As for Canada... I just think some countries kinda understand it... I mean, they release some skaters, but they also bring some foreign skaters in, so ends up being a fair trade of sorts.

But major skating nations could stop releasing athletes without being too awful - as they have a deep field, the skater actually can find a suitable pair from the same country, so a no-release doesnt make a skater retire because time passes and there is not a single pair / dance partner avaliabe.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
So Didier is going to submit a proposal to the ISU to reinstitute slavery? Money must be paid, the amount formalized, for a skater to be released. The skater gets none of this money.

So Didier refused to let Aliona to skate for France with Bruno, because he felt that was discourteous to the German Federation, and then he won't release Bruno to Germany because that would be WHAT.

A jerk of the most elastic whippy and jerky variety.

Sheena

Rinkside
So Didier refused to let Aliona to skate for France with Bruno, because he felt that was discourteous to the German Federation, and then he won't release Bruno to Germany because that would be WHAT.

That sounds so logical (not!)

QuadThrow

Medalist
Here's an interview with Didier that was done at the French Masters.

German version: http://www.long-program.com/2015/10/12/didier-gailhaguet-ich-habe-nichts-gegen-bruno-aljona-und-deu/
Russian version: http://fsnews.ru/page-id-2594.html

my question:

I thought there is no time limit for blocking Bruno Massot. But the interviewer said that Aljona and Bruno can start in some month even without release. What is right?

I never trust a person who said that he would like to see something what he/she prohibit at the same time.:scratch::disagree:

moriel

Record Breaker
I wonder if anyone found a french version...
Because the last question and answer sounds much like he does some evil laugh when answering and wants to somehow screw them up.
"youre not going to get anything" - "lets see"

andromache

Record Breaker
So Didier is going to submit a proposal to the ISU to reinstitute slavery? Money must be paid, the amount formalized, for a skater to be released. The skater gets none of this money.

THANK YOU for the first comment! The "importing" and "exporting" of people when the people don't have any say in the matter as to whether they want to stay or go?? It's ridiculous. I'm so beyond tired of this Didier nonsense--I just want to see Aliona and Bruno compete!

And I had no idea that Aliona even offered to skate for France with Bruno. Shocking that Didier turned that down. Did he say this in the interview?

Mattieu

Medalist
my question:

I thought there is no time limit for blocking Bruno Massot. But the interviewer said that Aljona and Bruno can start in some month even without release. What is right?

There is no time limit for releases, nothing at all in the rules setting a maximum time a nation can block a skater.

Mattieu

Medalist
I wonder if anyone found a french version...
Because the last question and answer sounds much like he does some evil laugh when answering and wants to somehow screw them up.
"youre not going to get anything" - "lets see"

Like it or not, anyone who can come back from being banned from skating for 3 years to then be in the running for ISU president is a force to be reckoned with.
I have a suspicion we will see what his master plan is with respect to Bruno and the other poor hostages very shortly, probably after the ISU council meeting. I cannot imagine M. Gailhaguet will walk out of this situation without anything.

LRK

Record Breaker

Just imagine DG as the head of ISU... (shudder) I never did like horror movies... :slink:

Mattieu

Medalist
Just imagine DG as the head of ISU... (shudder) I never did like horror movies... :slink:

Try being a skater in France, they are living in a horror movie!

The best thing I can say about M. Gailhaguet as ISU presidency, is that at least it will not be boring! :popcorn::hopelessness::eek:

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i agree... i think i did use the terms quite loosely... perhaps because in Canada, as I said, there's more of a "free-trade" ambiance... not slavery... for instance, mervin tran after narumi was skating with purich and they were doing fine but he got released really quickly to partner castelli... with a FF attitude, that wouldn't happen....why risk heling the americans to beat the canadian teams? but he was released anyways...

on your other comment... the way i understood the report is that Aliona offered to skate for France but then would have changed her mind.... that is something that is difficult to do.... and perhaps that's why the FF is pissed off.... who knows what kind of deal they were considering??? but it seems clear from the article that they backtracked...
THANK YOU for the first comment! The "importing" and "exporting" of people when the people don't have any say in the matter as to whether they want to stay or go?? It's ridiculous. I'm so beyond tired of this Didier nonsense--I just want to see Aliona and Bruno compete!

And I had no idea that Aliona even offered to skate for France with Bruno. Shocking that Didier turned that down. Did he say this in the interview?

Mattieu

Medalist
on your other comment... the way i understood the report is that Aliona offered to skate for France but then would have changed her mind.... that is something that is difficult to do.... and perhaps that's why the FF is pissed off.... who knows what kind of deal they were considering??? but it seems clear from the article that they backtracked...

I heard that Aliona backtracked when she realised the conditions that she would have to skate under in France. The lack of financing and support.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
so no financing nor support yet they use the financial argument to keep massot? sigh
I heard that Aliona backtracked when she realised the conditions that she would have to skate under in France. The lack of financing and support.

Mattieu

Medalist
so no financing nor support yet they use the financial argument to keep massot? sigh

I am sure there was some financial support offered, but nothing like the level of support they would get in Germany.
I know that French funding at best does not include accommodation and living costs, it only covers training costs.
And normally there is no funding at all until a team achieves results, but given Aliona's track record, I am sure some funding would have been offered.

Last edited:

Baxel

Rinkside
Just reading all this for the first time. What a mess. Old dudes playing with young people's future in a macabre game is how it reads. What do these officials have to gain? Looks like a show of power at the expense of financially unstable younger athletes. Very feudal.

The ISU is being investigated for something speed skating related. These issues should also have the blowtorch of scrutiny applied to get at the truth and have some reasonable process applied that always favours athletes in the first instance.

Last edited:

Mattieu

Medalist
Just reading all this for the first time. What a mess. Old dudes playing with young people's future in a macabre game is how it reads. What do these officials have to gain? Looks like a show of power at the expense of financially unstable younger athletes. Very feudal.

Hopefully not for much longer now the EU is investigating the ISU ! :cheer: