2016 Skate Canada Men's LP | Page 42 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate Canada Men's LP

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
The hold up for the men's is because of a USA skater! And the pairs was there right after they finished I had a look at them!

Thanks Sackie...was worried that some were calling for tar and feather time, ...and oh yes, the conspiracy theories.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I am not even mad lmao :laugh: I knew before hand Yuzuru could only get silver at Skate Chanada. It's traditional already. I am just glad his mentality isn't as bad as I thought. I was afraid that he would mess up horribly but he did ok enough. At least he won the free.

Yuzu: any splat you can do I can splat better!
Patrick: I can pop any jump better than you!

Hey that's my song! :laugh:

eta

Medalist
My soul the hatred on here for all things Canadian is amazing at times!

I don't understand why thinking Chan overscored = hatred for all things Canadian. So Chan is the entirety of Canada now?

Daniel1998

Final Flight
I'm a Canadian Hanyu fan, and seriously, I really don't think it's a big deal that Chan won today.
Everyone knew beforehand the judges would probably be a bit nicer than usual to Chan, and any other Canadian, this week.
Hanyu is going to get into the GPF, and seeing as it's in France, no one will have a supposed advantage in PCS if there was one to begin with.
Hanyu hasn't needed to win Skate Canada in previous years to smash world records. I wouldn't fret about this, there's many more important events coming up ahead.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't think he has a choice. Nobody gets to pick their events. At least I don't think they do

Javier had first pick of events---after taking in consideration that Yuzuru would be host picked to NHK and Jin to CoC. So Javier's choice was limited to SA, SC, TDF and CoR. He picked CoR and TDF (probably because he doesn't skate that well early in the season and CoC and NHK were off the table). That left SA and SC, and Yuzuru picked SC, perhaps hoping for more healing time for his foot.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Javier had first pick of events---after taking in consideration that Yuzuru would be host picked to NHK and Jin to CoC. So Javier's choice was limited to SA, SC, TDF and CoR. He picked CoR and TDF (probably because he doesn't skate that well early in the season and CoC and NHK were off the table). That left SA and SC, and Yuzuru picked SC, perhaps hoping for more healing time for his foot.
No, I think SA refused both Javi and Yuzuru or they didn't invite them.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
what is with the karma of the US men this week? US was on the podium last week and now on the bottom of the list...

mrrice

Record Breaker
Different men entirely.

Exactly......Last week, we sent the current and former US Champions. Though Ross and Grant are both medalists, they both have Bronze Medals as their top prizes. There were World and Olympic Champions in Men's event and as sad as it may seem. The result is not that shocking to me.

Last edited:

yude

Record Breaker
Congratulations to all the medalists :)

I'm so proud of Hanyu for fighting in FS with such difficulties at the current condition :bow: I think this competition will motivate him again and am looking forward to seeing him in NHK!!

Good effort by Chan and Mura excuted 4S in the competition, and welcome back, Kevin :agree: