2023 Skate Canada Where Are You Watching? | Golden Skate

2023 Skate Canada Where Are You Watching?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
🇺🇲 The only US TV coverage is:

Nov. 4Skate Canada International: Recap12 p.m.NBC

Peacock has additional coverage, but the tiles are not up yet.

Links to video will appear once the event begins.

Fans from many countries can watch on the ISU channel here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/SkatingISU

The tiles for the ISU Livestreams will be here when they are available, for those lucky enough to be able to use them.

Another thing you can do with these tiles is to get a notification sent to your cellphone.

🇨🇦 Canadian Coverage:

Links appear on the above page when available.

All Times Eastern Time

Fri Oct 275:00 p.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Skate Canada International - Women's Short Program
Fri Oct 276:50 p.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Skate Canada International - Ice Dance Rhythm Dance
Fri Oct 279:45 p.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Skate Canada International - Pairs Short Program
Fri Oct 2711:10 p.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Skate Canada International - Men's Short Program
Sat Oct 285:00 p.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Skate Canada International - Women's Free Program
Sat Oct 286:00 p.m.That Figure Skating Show: Skate Canada
Sat Oct 286:25 p.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Skate Canada International - Ice Dance Free Program
Sat Oct 289:00 p.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Skate Canada International - Pairs Free Program
Sat Oct 2810:37 p.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Skate Canada International - Men's Short Program
Sun Oct 295:00 p.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Skate Canada International - Gala

Last edited:

throw_triple_flip

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Last year there were streams of the Canadian coverage on the Skate Canada Dailymotion channel and these were viewable in other countries. Possible it might be on there this year?

Link

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Peacock is worth the money in skating season. You can get a feed with no commentary or with commentary if you prefer. I prefer without. They have replays for a few days after, but then they disappear. And they showed the gala for SKAM as well. It was shown live and there is a replay.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The CBC has their own commentators for the streams of this event.

In English it will be host Ted Barton along with Kevin Reynolds, Kaetlyn Osmond, Kaitlyn Weaver, Kirsten M-T (presumably one of the 4, depending on the discipline).

French CBC stream will have Alicia Pineault, Charlie Bilodeau, Élisabeth Paradis, and Laurence Darveau.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Exactly. Well worth the money now that we have figured out how to get commentary or no commentary and we can get 48 hour replays . Next event, I will probably watch the gala on replay. The only sad thing is that the days of recording shows with a cassette recorder or DVR in the world of streaming seem to be gone. I think if you are willing to pay X amount of dollars to buy certain channels, you can record some of the events but that is out of my capability....at least a deal was cut to where the music business would allow 48 hour replays.
Just to be clear, I did not see an option for commentary or no commentary for SC. There was that option for SA but for SC there is only 1 tile for each event and I am GUESSING that it will not have commentary. Peacock is showing the Gala Exhibition.

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
UK continues to be geoblocked. I had hopes that it would only be Skate America as apparently happened last year, but nope, no visible upcoming streams when accessed in the UK but they are there when I use a VPN to the netherlands. I’m furious and have been angrily bombarding the ISU with comments across their socials.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
But no practice cams on Peacock tho Ted Barton’s Instagram said he will be commenting on skatecanada.ca

Hoping Peacock covers the Medal Ceremonies but I doubt it;
It did not at SA

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The Skate Canada practice cams may not be geoblocked. They were not last year.

Give the two links in the OP of the Practice Reports thread a try!

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Peacock is an Xfinity/ NBC app. Hence:

For Skate Canada, the one commentary event that will show up on Peacock is the NBC recap on Nov. 4.

Skate America had both options because E! is an NBC cable channel, and the E! coverage was on Peacock, as well as the non-commentary ISU feed.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
The SC practice cams yesterday were geoblocked. I traveled to Toronto with my VPN and was able to see the stream. There was definitely commentary on the practice cam stream. Some of the commentary was useful but when it turned into "how did you deal with this or that when you were competing" I got annoyed. I only watched for about an hour because the stream kept freezing and buffering and I really hope the competition stream is going to be a lot better than the practice cam.

Yunakimfan17

Spectator
UK continues to be geoblocked. I had hopes that it would only be Skate America as apparently happened last year, but nope, no visible upcoming streams when accessed in the UK but they are there when I use a VPN to the netherlands. I’m furious and have been angrily bombarding the ISU with comments across their socials.
This remains the case in the UK as of 16.28. I'm furious too. Of course I can use my VPN. But what little regard is there now by the powers that be to promote this beautiful sport to a wider audience.

Vicky458

On the Ice
Peacock is worth the money in skating season. You can get a feed with no commentary or with commentary if you prefer. I prefer without. They have replays for a few days after, but then they disappear. And they showed the gala for SKAM as well. It was shown live and there is a replay.
I am watching on Peacock and the tiles are now up. I saved everything to "my stuff".
Does anyone know who is commentating for Peacock

Pink Peril

Rinkside
This remains the case in the UK as of 16.28. I'm furious too. Of course I can use my VPN. But what little regard is there now by the powers that be to promote this beautiful sport to a wider audience.
You’re going through what we’ve dealt with in New Zealand now. After our broadcaster dropped it, it took us two years before ISU finally stopped Geo blocking it. This was despite numerous requests directly from Sky NZ. I and many others sent endless complaints to their online customer service place, never a single reply. Sent typed letters to them by snail mail, never an acknowledgment. Last year they also completely stopped comments on their highlights reels because of the hundreds from people who who were geoblocked.
I feel sorry for you in the UK going through what New Zealand has dealt with the last two years. Finally, we can watch on YouTube. Proton VPN for Netherlands is the one for watching for you guys. We couldn’t even do that because it now only auto connects, no choice of country, so for us, it goes to the USA. I can’t afford to pay for that, where you can choose the country just for the GP series yearly. Luckily, we are no longer Geo blocked. It’s a miracle.

kasha6

Rinkside
how do you get no commentary?

amanda b

Rinkside
I have an Eurosport subscription solely for figure skating - and now realised its not on Eurosport this year, despite the ISU saying it is. But I can get it on youtube with my VPN set to France.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Does anyone know who is commentating for Peacock
Mark Hanretty did the commentary for Peacock (maybe the ISU?).

@kasha6 For Skate America Peacock had no commentary for the stream which was meant for online viewing and commentary for the parts that were also used for broadcast tv. I don't expect those of us watching entirely on Peacock will have that option again.

Last edited: