2017 U.S. Nationals Championship Pairs SP | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2017 U.S. Nationals Championship Pairs SP

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Apparently I am soooo extremely far out of the loop: are Alexa and Chris not competing here? Is she still injured? :(

Lissy

Medalist
Out of all of the US teams, I think Marissa and Mervin have the most potential but they just can't seem to get there. It's frustrating.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Does Tara ever watch C/T? I like Marissa but a hugely consistent skater???? During the past two years?????

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Mervin/Marissa

She's in a similar dress to Ashley's SP, except her open back just...keeps...going... all the way to the front of the hip and splits the skirt :devil: He's in a matching shirt sans open back and split side :cry:

G*****m, if only they'd stop falling they would be amazing. So much yellow in the tech graphic...

skatemouse

On the Ice
Ya she is not liking him at the moment. 4 Items under review. They are just not getting there. After she didn't even look at him. That totally effects things. Hmm.
I read in the practice area he dropped her in practice while here yesterday I think maybe something is up? She hung onto the throw though! Good.

Last edited:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
C/T have the best skating skills among the top US teams but they can't land those jumps.

beki

Medalist
I love them both separately, but I don't feel like Marissa and Mervin have gelled as a team.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Ya she is not liking him at the moment. 4 Items under review. They are just not getting there. After she didn't even look at him. That totally effects things. Hmm.

Liike she's been so awesome lately? She can't land a SBS jump ever.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Castelli / Tran: Solid 3Twist to open. Unfortunate fall for Castelli on the sbs 3S. Not a lot of height on the throw 3S but very strong run-out. Nice rotational entry into the final death spiral. Very strong transitions and positions, so they should still score rather high on artistry.