2017 World Team Trophy - Day 1 | Page 43 | Golden Skate

2017 World Team Trophy - Day 1

asiacheetah

On the Ice
Rinkside report: we all groaned in disappointment. His trusty loop. What happened?!?

Not the skate he or his fans hoped for. Now I really hope he keeps LGC another year.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
What's that?

A swear word. Sh** I think.

I feel pretty sorry for him. He always looks like it's eating him alive when he doesn't skate well. His sad eyes are nearly on par with Max's.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Rinkside report: we all groaned in disappointment. His trusty loop. What happened?!?

Not the skate he or his fans hoped for. Now I really hope he keeps LGC another year.

Something was pretty off today, it looks like he was rushing his takeoffs. Oh well... at least this didn't happen at Worlds. And there's always the FS! :)

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Uno, Chen and Jin were amazing, very enjoyable to wach their performances!!! I hope that Chan and Hanyu will bounce back in the freeskate. Was Hanyu sick, perhaps? He did look rather pale and tired.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Men's figure skating. Never know WHAT'S going to happen!
Looking forward to tomorrow's competitions...

Time to leave now, so I don't have to see all the usual/inevitable rubbish about scoring...

Last edited:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I cannot remember any program of Yuzuru where he lost the motivation to sell it like here. I mean, whenever he made mistakes or pops or whatever, he still tried to sell the program till the end, but here it just seemed like he was "**** this". Like someone from the fed or something made him angry before he went to the warmup and he just didn't care anymore. :scratch2:

DaPurpleDino

Final Flight
Apparently yes... I hope they don't do that at the Olympics again (they are allowed to do hat at Skate Canada it's kind of a tradition at this point);)

Hey it'll be Patricks third olympics, third time lucky right? :laugh: honestly tho i just want them to be happy with their skate this time

kaeryth

Rinkside
Well. That's not what he wanted. Oh dear... looked like he said "shimatta" at the end... I wonder how many times we will hear "kuyashii" in interviews? A great many I think...

He said "Gomen Nasai" which I think is worst because he always wants to bring out his best performance in Japan. :(

Lindacrow

Final Flight
I'm not gonna make excuses or infer what might have happened. I think he was just tired after he peaked at worlds but was also feeling too intense to do well here. It happens but I hope he comes back in the free!

lovelovelove681

Rinkside
I cannot remember any program of Yuzuru where he lost the motivation to sell it like here. I mean, whenever he made mistakes or pops or whatever, he still tried to sell the program till the end, but here it just seemed like he was "**** this". Like someone from the fed or something made him angry before he went to the warmup and he just didn't care anymore. :scratch2:

He not into this program today at all. :(
I think something might upset him today from the looked of it.